‘23 AL OT Stanton Ramil (Michigan St. commit)

for a kid to want to be in east lansing michigan over, well, anywhere let alone knoxville, has to be a little concerning about us or him or somebody. i mean, if an 18 year old kid tells me he would rather live in miami or southern california than knoxville, then i say go for it and live it up, but michigan?!?
Mel Tucker is doing what good coaches do.. sell the program.

200w.gif

I think it hilarious that it’s August. A kid commits somewhere and all of a sudden it’s just over for that prospect. Like there is no chance he flips. And some saying this is a bad loss?? Lol. Get real. Nothing is certain until papers are signed in February. But keep on freaking out though 😂😂😂😂

I think it hilarious that it’s August. A kid commits somewhere and all of a sudden it’s just over for that prospect. Like there is no chance he flips. And some saying this is a bad loss?? Lol. Get real. Nothing is certain until papers are signed in February. But keep on freaking out though 😂😂😂😂
Many feel it will be near impossible to flip people in the NIL era...those NIL contracts are scrong

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Lack of OL recruiting sealed deal on Dooley. They better fix it.
Got Sham and Bussell already. And they’re looking like they will add another Olineman. It’s not all flowers and sunshine for sure like it was when we were thinking we might take our pick out of Mauigoa, Ramil, Sham and Simmons but it’s not Dooley bad.

I do think we’ve done an exceptional job at recruiting DE and QB this year. CB and Oline haven’t been nearly as good as I had hoped; almost have to get some help at corner.

For a lot of these kids, the papers will be signed in December. But, of course, as a recruiting expert, you knew that....

Maybe sour grapes on their part but some Auburn fans are saying he chose Michigan St due to being an Alabama homer and just couldn’t play for one of Bama’s rivals (TN and Aub)

We will probably never really know, but it wouldn't say that is out of the realm of possibility.

Maybe sour grapes on their part but some Auburn fans are saying he chose Michigan St due to being an Alabama homer and just couldn’t play for one of Bama’s rivals (TN and Aub)

If you can’t stand two schools so much, why would you take official visits to both, bring your family and pose for pics in their jersey? I’m not trashing your post. 17 year old kids are just weird.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
This feels like one that is probably pretty solid in his decision. He didn't rush it, he had sound reasoning behind it, and he seems locked in. I don't believe this is a recruitment that you earmark as flimsy and worthy of investing any additional, substantial time into. JMO.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Papers are signed in December now. Makes it a lot tougher to flip guys

For a lot of these kids, the papers will be signed in December. But, of course, as a recruiting expert, you knew that....

Sure thing. But it’s still August. But we know how you are. You are concerned. Any prospect that commits elsewhere is automatically off limits and we won’t be recruiting them anymore. Blah, blah, blah.

Got Sham and Bussell already. And they’re looking like they will add another Olineman. It’s not all flowers and sunshine for sure like it was when we were thinking we might take our pick out of Mauigoa, Ramil, Sham and Simmons but it’s not Dooley bad.

I do think we’ve done an exceptional job at recruiting DE and QB this year. CB and Oline haven’t been nearly as good as I had hoped; almost have to get some help at corner.
Absolutely* have to get a lot* of help at corner

Sure thing. But it’s still August. But we know how you are. You are concerned. Any prospect that commits elsewhere is automatically off limits and we won’t be recruiting them anymore. Blah, blah, blah.
Never once said that. I'm the one that bumped the Simmons thread saying we needed to take advantage of them missing on a QB, and hopefully having a bad season. The one thing you had correct is, yes, I'm concerned with recruiting at the moment. I've also acknowledged we've done a phenomenal job up until now. We've fizzled a little bit. That doesn't mean we can't rebound. But there is currently a need to rebound.

You know what I haven't done? I haven't sung the praises of our rivals like you have. I recall you expressing love for UGA and Kirby.....

Reactions: hooter vol
We shall see. If you really pay attention to recruiting you hear about decommittments all the time.
Really? How many? There are flips. But if you could cull out the ones where the program essentially tells the kid to go looking... there aren't that many.

There is a prospect somewhere that is as talented as this kid. UT just has to go looking again. It is disappointing to lose kids that you seem to have a good shot with but it isn't the end of the world. UT needs talent then Heupel and crew have to develop and coach them up. I like the latter half of that equation so far. The first part has always been something we were going to have to see over time. It is and remains a concern.

You put A LOT more faith in the recruiting rankings than I do. I don't want to rehash that argument here. But if you look at last year's class, the actual talent and quality of guys like Nimrod, Sampson, White, Herring,... really all of those 3* guys... will have more impact on Heupel's success than missing Ramil.

The guy who turns UT around and gets back to the top tier of the SEC will find talent and much of it overlooked by others. He will coach those guys up, develop them, and then outcoach other coaches on gameday. It is a tall order but that's what it will take.

That's why you cannot be "patient" with assistants that aren't getting it done. I think you and I mostly agree on that. Time is not Heupel's friend.

Reactions: keckjm
PS- wish Ramil well. One of the reasons to recruit kids the right way and not lie to them is the portal. Some of the guys UT has missed on will be back on the market in a year or two.

VN Store

Back