'21 AL OL Rod Orr (Free Shoes U commit)

The way this turned on a dime in just a week or two after we have been in good position for some time...feels like it is probably our choosing. I don't see him voluntarily choosing that dumpster fire over the monster OL machine we have been creating.

Maybe we sent him a copy of the movie "The Last Mimsy" on blue ray and he got the hint?

Reactions: Devo182
No idea what happened, but if he had a gun in hand, loaded, with the safety off, there is some consideration of negligence. The comparable legal situation in driving would be driving recklessly or under the influence. Pure accidents and acting negligently are quite different.
not sure I agree. there is an undeniable premedition in the action of turning an engine over with the foreknowledge of intoxication. Hard to say 'I didnt know I was holding those 6 liquor drinks up to my gulley officer, then walked to my car, put key in and drove irresponsibly all the way home', or 'sorry was all an accident, Sir'.

also cars were meant to get us from point a to point b. no car was made as a weapon.

Reactions: Devo182
not sure I agree. there is an undeniable premedition in the action of turning an engine over with the foreknowledge of intoxication. Hard to say 'I didnt know I was holding those 6 liquor drinks up to my gulley officer, then walked to my car, put key in and drove irresponsibly all the way home', or 'sorry was all an accident, Sir'.

also cars were meant to get us from point a to point b. no car was made as a weapon.
I think we are agreeing? Driving inebriated is indeed negligent or reckless, not pure happenstance. As is handling a loaded gun with the safety off around other people, especially if goofing off.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
The most notable news of the week on a specific player is the fact that Rod Orr will make his college choice next Friday. Tennessee and Florida State are the two most talked about in his final five.

Tennessee was the pick during the middle of the summer but FSU has grabbed some of the momentum over the last few weeks. We are told that Orr has developed a good bond with his potential position coach at FSU. Tennessee has deep ties around that portion of Alabama and they will continue to swing but if he makes his decision next week, it feels like the Vols won’t be the pick.
vq

SaS, but assuming on an anonymous message board on a Sunday morning is completely fine. Let's jump to a conclusion instead of waiting for all the facts to present themselves.

The media has developed jumping to conclusions into a fine art, so messageboard denizens are mere novices at it.

Alabama offensive lineman Rod Orr is set to make his announcement later today. Florida State has surged in his recruitment and likely will surpass Tennessee when his decision is unveiled. Tennessee will not change their game plan on Orr as they will continue to pursue him and as of now, we believe the Vols could still have a good chance in the end.
-Vq

Committed to FSU
200.gif

VN Store

Back