'20 AL OL/DL Reginald Perry (Portal)

You misunderstood. I'm saying none of the guys we recruit are lower tier. There are 5-7 teams in the country who are recruiting at a level that nobody else is.

To every school other than them, all of our guys are potential takes...and quite a few of our commits are takes even for those 5-7 programs.

Got you.

My take is until we start beating Ga, florida, Bama, A@m, auburn and LSU out for more recruits we aren’t going to ever going to be more than a 6-8 win team

This class is reminding us of that it seems. Hopefully that changes before Wednesday but it appears we aren’t fishing in the same waters as the big boys and man oh man this board sure was sold that we were when Pruitt was hired

Reactions: BreatheUT
Got you.

My take is until we start beating Ga, florida, Bama, A@m, auburn and LSU out for more recruits we aren’t going to ever going to be more than a 6-8 win team

This class is reminding us of that it seems. Hopefully that changes before Wednesday but it appears we aren’t fishing in the same waters as the big boys and man oh man this board sure was sold that we were when Pruitt was hired

Some people have a lack of self awareness. In this case it is a lack of awareness of the college football landscape. There are only a few coaches in the country who could have walked into UT and competed with the top teams for recruits....and those coaches weren't coming here.

Pruitt has done about as well as anyone else could have at UT with the exception of the first 2 games of this season. Win 8, 9 or pull an upset and win 10 games and then we can expect to win major recruiting battles consistently. Sucks that it could been this year and isn't but I have faith it will happen.

Some people have a lack of self awareness. In this case it is a lack of awareness of the college football landscape. There are only a few coaches in the country who could have walked into UT and competed with the top teams for recruits....and those coaches weren't coming here.

Pruitt has done about as well as anyone else could have at UT with the exception of the first 2 games of this season. Win 8, 9 or pull an upset and win 10 games and then we can expect to win major recruiting battles consistently. Sucks that it could been this year and isn't but I have faith it will happen.

Come on man. I have plenty of awareness. Kiffin went head to head with the big boys with a lot of luck in recruiting and Jones did extremely well with that. Dooley was at the bottom of the barrel in recruiting and Pruitt is giving him a run for his money right now when it comes to being able to compete with the big boys.

Come on man. I have plenty of awareness. Kiffin went head to head with the big boys with a lot of luck in recruiting and Jones did extremely well with that. Dooley was at the bottom of the barrel in recruiting and Pruitt is giving him a run for his money right now when it comes to being able to compete with the big boys.

First, I wasn't referring to you.

Second, Kiffin did well but UT hadn't endured a decade of sucking yet...we were 2 years from the SEC championship game and were still known for putting guys in the NFL.

Dooley was an idiot but still had decent classes, just not for UT. Butch had good classes on paper that were boosted by legacies and low character recruits or guys with health issues. Attrition was a killer and anyone paying attention knew there were gaping holes.

Pruitt's classes are balanced and heavy on the interior. He takes guys who are healthy, bought in and are winners. Even a lot of his lower rated recruits are contributing or showing signs of developing. He was handed a sh*t sammich and has turned it into a McChicken....it's not what anyone really wants but it's edible. Give him more time and he'll turn it into a Chik Fil A spicy combo or a Publix chicken tender sub.

Second, Kiffin did well but UT hadn't endured a decade of sucking yet...we were 2 years from the SEC championship game and were still known for putting guys in the NFL.

Dooley was an idiot but still had decent classes, just not for UT. Butch had good classes on paper that were boosted by legacies and low character recruits or guys with health issues. Attrition was a killer and anyone paying attention knew there were gaping holes.

Pruitt's classes are balanced and heavy on the interior. He takes guys who are healthy, bought in and are winners. Even a lot of his lower rated recruits are contributing or showing signs of developing. He was handed a sh*t sammich and has turned it into a McChicken....it's not what anyone really wants but it's edible. Give him more time and he'll turn it into a Chik Fil A spicy combo or a Publix chicken tender sub.

I like this post and agree.

I see good things from Pruitt.

I for one will be very excited to see us win 8-9 games and I think Pruitt will do that. The issue is I don’t think this fanbase will allow him long to not to better and his recruiting isn’t good enough at this point to do better

Reactions: gainesvol82
I like this post and agree.

I see good things from Pruitt.

I for one will be very excited to see us win 8-9 games and I think Pruitt will do that. The issue is I don’t think this fanbase will allow him long to not to better and his recruiting isn’t good enough at this point to do better

Crazy to think we were so close to 9 this year. I expect 8 and a good bowl next year. We lose too many contributors to expect 9-10 but if guys develop like they have been who knows... getting UGA later in the year is very intriguing.

Got you.

All it takes is that one playmaker at a vital spot to step onto the mqin stage. Look at LSU the last few years....8 to 10 wins but ome of the most talented teams in football, they bring in a coach and QB who see eye to eye on what they want ro do and they explode. Alabama and UGA...the 2 teams with the most talent in college football and both are
2 loss teams...How does UGA lose at home to South Carolina.....playing a third string qb the second half. You find that 1 guy who transforms the team to another level and recruiting follows along. Hopefully Bailey is that guy!

Crazy to think we were so close to 9 this year. I expect 8 and a good bowl next year. We lose too many contributors to expect 9-10 but if guys develop like they have been who knows... getting UGA later in the year is very intriguing.

Catching Georgia is possible because we can out develop and out coach them. Strangely I’d rather play then early before their new qb settles in

Florida is the program I am afraid is about to head and shoulders better than us. If they out recruit us which appears to be the trend their staff is just too good to catch and pass I am afraid

As I said in another post....I feel like if we don't get this guy, it will be a sign of a very good thing.

That being said, him signing would also be a very good thing.

You know there our many OL TE whom have played and our playing in NFL who were basketball players until late in college. They our big Athletic Men who can really move. Well this kid is recognizing his true potential in football earlier and our coaches our smart enough to take him.

Totally nailed it!

I will add though most were celebrating some of the coaching additions this year because they were supposed to recruit an even better class than last year's staff especially with the money paid out to get them. Many pointed to the banner year for instate recruiting in the interior. To this point we've seen marginal success in closing the deal. Time to put on more steam.

Go Vols!

Reactions: gainesvol82

VN Store

Back