'19 AL FB Payton Anderson

Literally nobody needs a FB. It's bad game theory. Just one more blocker to screw up. Math says fewer blockers increases your probabilities of success. Gets defenders out of the box and onto the edges.

There's a reason they're a dying breed. Billy Bean has finally caught up to football.

Literally nobody needs a FB. It's bad game theory. Just one more blocker to screw up. Math says fewer blockers increases your probabilities of success. Gets defenders out of the box and onto the edges.

There's a reason they're a dying breed. Billy Bean has finally caught up to football.
That's one philosophy, and I'm not saying you're wrong, but with clever blocking schemes you can take away multiple defenders per blocker. And I mean spread isn't nearly as effective in goal line situations, where the field is compressed. But WTF is this thread? Another family member starting threads for their kids?

Let me get this right, your saying no fullbacks for the vols in a Jim Chaney offense? No fullbacks in modern football and your rely on game theory as a basis for your statement that fullbacks are no needed.
I know I do not know what I'm talking about but what about this guy?
Return of the fullback: Part III

Let me get this right, your saying no fullbacks for the vols in a Jim Chaney offense? No fullbacks in modern football and your rely on game theory as a basis for your statement that fullbacks are no needed.

Most schools are not going to waste a scholarship on a FB with the 25 man limit rule. They will run TE as full back instead. The NFL has mostly gone to the same format.

Reactions: Sleegro

There is something strangely familiar about you.

Obviously you havent seen Alabama play. Cause staying in a Tampa 2 set, or even the 3-4 that they mix up.. still keeps people in the box

VN Store

Back