‘23 AL DL Hunter Osborne (Alabama commit)

“I know all of the greats who have come through there like Peyton Manning and Reggie White,” the 2023 prospect said. “I know the history behind it. It was a great feeling – an amazing feeling to pick up that offer.'
“Coach Heupel has them on the rise and I believe this class coming in is going to be special.”
Area recruiter Kodi Burns stopped by Hewitt Trussville a few weeks ago before defensive line coach Rodney Garner followed up with the offer.
“He had amazing things to say,” Osborne said of Garner. “He said he loved the way I played and wanted me to be a part of the program. While I was up there, he told me he can’t wait to start building the relationship with me and how he wanted me back up there.”

more of VQ article....

VolQuest - Hunter Osborne talks TN offer, game day visit with Volquest (rivals.com)

Just based off the video he's not the fastest off the line, but he has a good slide step, gets good arm extension to shed blocks, and seems to have a good nose for the ball in traffic. Seems to also be good at pass deflections. Long arms for 6'3. Not too shabby for a sophomore film. By the time this guy is a senior he could be a real live dude.

Hunter Osborne released a list of his top 10 college choices less than three weeks ago that didn't include Tennessee. But he's still considering the Vols, and he's now planning to visit them again soon.
The four-star Class of 2023 defensive lineman from Hewitt-Trussville High School in Trussville, Ala., told 247Sports' Hank South that he's planning to return to Tennessee next weekend to attend the Vols' spring scrimmage that will be part of their "All Vol Weekend." It will be his first trip to Tennessee in nearly five months
The 6-foot-3, 250-pound Osborne picked up a scholarship offer from the Vols in October and attended their home game Nov. 13 against Georgia. But he announced a top 10 on March 14 that consisted of Alabama, LSU, Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, Florida, Miami, Auburn, USC and Oregon.
Despite not including Tennessee in his group of favorites, he told South that he's not ready to rule out the Vols.
“Within the past few weeks, Alabama, LSU, Clemson, Auburn," Osborne told South of the teams that recently have caught his attention. "And I know Tennessee wasn’t on there, but I still consider them in my recruitment. Those five schools are making a move.”
Osborne is ranked the No. 113 overall prospect and No. 18 defensive lineman in the 2023 class and the No. 12 junior from Alabama, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He's also a Top247 prospect in 247Sports' rankings.
He has received offers from at least 50 schools, including all 10 of the schools in his group of front-runners.
Earlier this week, Osborne told 247Sports' Keith Niebuhr that he would like to announce a commitment in “late August, or early September, but that’s always subject to change.”

5e633bd7e42d327dbcb64e3c06ae3f40.gif

Reactions: norrislakevol
We are not in his top ten so why is visiting ? 🤷‍♂️
At the time no real recruiting momentum then a 5* quarterback commitment and a few other 5* and high 4* players are lighting it up on social media being excited about coming to visit makes this kid feel like he could be missing out. Just a guess.

At the time no real recruiting momentum then a 5* quarterback commitment and a few other 5* and high 4* players are lighting it up on social media being excited about coming to visit makes this kid feel like he could be missing out. Just a guess.
Hopeful take, I hope you’re right.

My first impression was he is just playing a game with us or the alternative, his top ten was just BS and he is playing a game with some of the other schools in his top ten.

These kids are visiting to just to up the bidding wars. The schools are going to have to really assess their potential value with a critical eye.

You are going to have desperate schools that come in with higher bids and the kid is going to have to weight if it is worth the money to go to a program he really does not want to go to. On the other hand, some schools are going to have to weight if they can get a comparable player for less risk and investment.

Now there is a new game within the game.

These kids are visiting to just to up the bidding wars. The schools are going to have to really assess their potential value with a critical eye.

You are going to have desperate schools that come in with higher bids and the kid is going to have to weight if it is worth the money to go to a program he really does not want to go to. On the other hand, some schools are going to have to weight if they can get a comparable player for less risk and investment.

1649298804845.gif

Pure speculation

VN Store

Back