'19 AL DE/TE Ethan Rinke (PWO commit)

Ethan Rinke always has wanted to play football in the SEC. He now will have an opportunity to fulfill that dream. The three-star Class of 2019 defensive end from Athens (Ala.) High School told 247Sports' John Garcia Jr. that he committed Thursday night to be a preferred walk-on at Tennessee, choosing the Vols over scholarship offers from 10 schools, including Bowling Green, South Alabama, Coastal Carolina and Army. Iowa and Nebraska also showed interest in him, and he grew up in Nebraska on the Offutt Air Force Base while his dad served in the military.

The 6-foot-3.5, 240-pound Rinke visited Tennessee last weekend. It wasn't his first time traveling to Knoxville, though, and he said Tennessee "seemed like home from the very beginning. I have liked them since the first game they invited me to," said Rinke. "The coaching staff makes me feel like I can make a difference and that I matter. I really liked the players that I got to meet, and I can’t wait to be their teammate. The program seemed like home from the very beginning. I feel there is going to be great things coming from Tennessee, and I can’t wait to be a part of it."

Rinke said the Vols are one of a few SEC teams he "always liked," along with Arkansas and Ole Miss, and having a chance to play at Tennessee is "a blessing." The Vols are recruiting him to play outside linebacker in their 3-4 base defense. "I’m really excited," he told Garcia. "And Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt said he has no doubt I will be on scholarship next year. I’m planning on giving my all to Tennessee."

Alabama A&M, Austin Peay, Eastern Kentucky, Jacksonville State, North Alabama and Tennessee Techalso extended offers to him. Arkansas, Ole Miss, Memphis, Southern Miss, Troy, UAB and Wake Forest were among the other schools that showed interest in him. As a senior at Athens, Rinke recorded 70 tackles, including 16 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks and two fumble recoveries. He said he hasn't announced his decision on his Twitter account because he plans to celebrate his choice during a signing ceremony on National Signing Day, which is Wednesday.

"I have not put it on Twitter yet because, as a military kid, all my celebrations were with Mom, Dad and sisters," Rinke said. "For signing day, my whole family on both sides will be there, so I wanted to surprise them on my choice." Rinke said he plans to enroll at Tennessee this summer, and he has "no problems with grades. I’m an honors student," he said, "so that part was easy."

We on that Up game! Building a Solid foundation to work with.

Anyone know if there is a limit to PWOs

How many do we get as opposed to just Walk Ons?

they count as part of the 105 for home games, so if you are at 85 on scholly you can have up to 20 PWOs. They can actually dress for all home games, and can actually start working with the team prior to August 2-a-days. Other walk-on candidates must wait until school starts in August, and they normally do not dress at home games.

The kid gets after the QB that is certain. He's hostile toward all carriers in general. And he's a vicious blocker on O, too.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him to make it to the field some day, even if it's only on ST.

This kid is a player. After watching the highlights I'd say you could see him gain recognition soon. Kid pushes the lineman into the backfield and gets off his blocks. Its great to get a PWO like this. He operates like a power type D lineman.

VN Store

Back