'20 AL DE Jimari Butler (Nebraska commit)

Love his size, but he will need a year in the weight room. Still wish Tennessee could’ve held on to Davis and Ojulari. Tennessee is going to need elite talent to become elite again.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Avg. rating about to be 85

Get Maryland type commits, get Maryland like results. Hope everyone is okay with 6-6 for the foreseeable future. And this is entirely the staff's fault. I'm not convinced winning against Georgia State and BYU would've changed anything. This was a mess since May.

Reactions: tatervol
With that athleticism and speed he has a chance to develop into a player after a couple of years with this staff. not going to be instant impact, but has potential.

How many years can Pruitt really afford to wait? I'm still not worried about recruiting yet but you'd be blind if you haven't noticed the downward turn recently.

Get Maryland type commits, get Maryland like results. Hope everyone is okay with 6-6 for the foreseeable future. And this is entirely the staff's fault. I'm not convinced not losing to Georgia State and BYU would've changed anything. This was a mess since May.
I'm not a negative person usually, but these last few weeks have been slaw recruiting wise. At first, I was like ok Top 15 recruiting class and 8-4 seasons, but now I'm seeing a top 25 class and 6-6 records with no upwards trajectory.

How many years can Pruitt really afford to wait? I'm still not worried about recruiting yet but you'd be blind if you haven't noticed the downward turn recently.
That's the fear man. It's obvious we're on the plan B board if not the plan C board right now. Good thing is this staff can still identify talent. That's the hope for some of these guys in this class. We're being out recruited by SC right now. That's not good.

Boom! After seeing the DL improve greatly over the course of this season, I have no doubts that the coaches are going to do great things with this kid. Few if any bad habits to break, so you can just start straight off installing the right way to do things. Plus, multiple sport athletes usually prove to be more rounded athletically.

It isn't a flashy pickup for the star gazers, but I think this kid will surprise the gazers in a couple of years.

While I am annoyed with Rocker's (lack of) recruiting, I do very much trust out staff's evaluations over the recruiting rankings. Pruitt and his staff seem to have a superior track record when it comes to identifying talent. Butler definitely seems a bit underrated here.

Though, at some point we are going to have to land some blue-chip DL to compete with Bama and Georgia. We can Mizzou our way to 8-9 win seasons, but not to an SEC Championship.

Butch brought lots of stars. You want Butch Jones recruiting hollow classes or Jeremy Pruitt bring in players with fewer stars that he feels can play. Head back to the FF with this stuff.

VN Store

Back