'20 AL DE Jimari Butler (Nebraska commit)

Oljulari got scared of the competition when he heard this guy was interested........

I really think some of the defections under discussion resulted from jaded four star recruits hearing the news Jamari Butler was coming. Look at his video and ask yourself. Would you want to compete for playing time against JB? After a redshirt year, he'll take the first string job.

I really think some of the defections under discussion resulted from jaded four star recruits hearing the news Jamari Butler was coming. Look at his video and ask yourself. Would you want to compete for playing time against JB? After a redshirt year, he'll take the first string job.
Again, Ojulari was always a LSU lean. They pushed, Arik Gilbert - to whom hes closer committed - he committed.

Why is it that everyone talks about needing "big" fish, players that can come right in and compete, then when we land 2 low 3-stars back to back everyone says, "great pickup" "2-3 years this kid will be good." That doesn't help our program now. And if they are gonna be such great players why aren't big programs pursuing them.

I post 3-star U and people get but hurt. It's laughable. There are 3 star players that I have liked us taking, and 4 star players that I haven't really cared for much. My opinion isn't always going to be the same as everyone else's.

Ultimately I just want to win games and to win we have to start by winning recruiting battles against big schools not schools like SMU.
If you’re laughing I’m not understanding the whining. You stated your opinion we’re stating ours.

Why is it that everyone talks about needing "big" fish, players that can come right in and compete, then when we land 2 low 3-stars back to back everyone says, "great pickup" "2-3 years this kid will be good." That doesn't help our program now. And if they are gonna be such great players why aren't big programs pursuing them.

I post 3-star U and people get but hurt. It's laughable. There are 3 star players that I have liked us taking, and 4 star players that I haven't really cared for much. My opinion isn't always going to be the same as everyone else's.

Ultimately I just want to win games and to win we have to start by winning recruiting battles against big schools not schools like SMU.
The Miserable Minority chapter of Star Children UNITE!

Reactions: crovol
Has great size and is athletic. People clamoring for Grimes but pissed about this kid? Kid has been playing football for a short time. Very raw.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Has great size and is athletic. People clamoring for Grimes but pissed about this kid? Kid has been playing football for a short time. Very raw.
And already more productive than Grimes. I know I know, Grimes is a decoy. Told UGA fans this same thing last cycle about Nolan Smith. Kid never reached the QB at IMG, no surprise the #1 overall recruit is struggling to reach the QB in college as well. Either a dog will hunt, or it won't...

So you are completely ok with the coaches missing on high 4 star players and taking these low rated 3 stars in their place?

Honest question.
Lol at putting more weight on a rivals/247 rating than our coaching staff. How do you know if our staff didn’t have him as ”4 star” on the board that counts?

bUt 247 SaYs HeS a 3 StAr..

So you are completely ok with the coaches missing on high 4 star players and taking these low rated 3 stars in their place?

Honest question.
I don’t have selective amnesia concerning Crouch, Morris, Wright, Gray and others. Key is to not go fetal position before both signing days conclude. I admire Pruitt for not throwing his hands in the air when a kid commits elsewhere. That staff has been working this kid for awhile...just in case Ojulari skipped. On your end, I don’t think you have any solutions...therefore you’re tiresome background noise. 😴

Lol at putting more weight on a rivals/247 rating than our coaching staff. How do you know if our staff didn’t have him as ”4 star” on the board that counts?

bUt 247 SaYs HeS a 3 StAr..
Weak offer list. Could change but weak none the less.

Obviously you didn’t catch that hes only played football in his senior season.. So what’s that, like 10 games maybe? Soon as coaches, scratch that, real evaluators saw him the offers started rolling in.

It’s what ever though, I like the kid, you don’t.

It really doesn't matter if he's good. The staff hasn't done anything to make us worry yet, though we have an admittedly small sample size. Flowers was starting as a true freshman. Means is looking good... go back and read his thread. I'm still really high on Roman Harrison... and don't forget that WR they found, who nobody knew about, then was given 4 stars after our offer, and he committed to FSU (I think).

Keep in mind that Missouri has been curb-stomping us for several years with nothing but 3 star talent.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
Obviously you didn’t catch that hes only played football in his senior season.. So what’s that, like 10 games maybe? Soon as coaches, scratch that, real evaluators saw him the offers started rolling in.

It’s what ever though, I like the kid, you don’t.
Didn't realize this is his first year but still don't like taking the kid this early.

Didn't realize this is his first year but still don't like taking the kid this early.
Almost one month before December Signing Day is “early”? This was the coaches next rung down from Ojulari, recruiting chicken until the hour of sounds cool until you end up without a pass rusher in your class.

VN Store

Back