‘23 AL CB Rickey Gibson (Tennessee commit)

Man, he was huge for me," Gibson said of Martinez's impact on his decision. "He called me every day and let me know I was a priority for them. When I went down there, I would spend the whole day with him, and it was great. He is a great, fun guy to be around, and I am excited to play for him. I know he is a great developer of talent and can get me where I want to be."

That’s it, argument over 😉

Man, he was huge for me," Gibson said of Martinez's impact on his decision. "He called me every day and let me know I was a priority for them. When I went down there, I would spend the whole day with him, and it was great. He is a great, fun guy to be around, and I am excited to play for him. I know he is a great developer of talent and can get me where I want to be."
🤔

But…..I was told he was the problem? 🙄

Not possible. Plenty of Intel here on VN from people that don't talk to coach everyday tell us otherwise.

Not possible. Plenty of Intel here on VN from people that don't talk to coach everyday tell us otherwise.
I’m undecided to be honest. Plenty of proof of getting guys to the NFL and proof of bad secondaries. Kids can easily be convinced. I tend to lean towards him being good. He’s obviously proving to be a good recruiter.

How much is his backfield issues due to scheme and play calling and how much is due to talent and development?

I’m undecided to be honest.
How much is his backfield issues due to scheme and play calling and how much is due to talent and development?
Who would you say in this current secondary is 'talented'? As in All-SEC, or NFL draft level talent. Height, length & speed wise.

VN be like...
UnluckyClutteredCobra-max-1mb.gif

Whoever has our cb's playing 10 to 15 yards off the line of scrimmage on nearly every play is the problem. Martinez has had 2 stops here and our secondary has been bad during both of them. I'm not saying he is or isn't the problem but just because he can recruit doesn't make him a good coach. Or did we not learn that with Pruitt and his staff?

Whoever has our cb's playing 10 to 15 yards off the line of scrimmage on nearly every play is the problem. Martinez has had 2 stops here and our secondary has been bad during both of them. I'm not saying he is or isn't the problem but just because he can recruit doesn't make him a good coach. Or did we not learn that with Pruitt and his staff?
thats not Martinez telling to play that far off...

Who would you say in this current secondary is 'talented'? As in All-SEC, or NFL draft level talent. Height, length & speed wise.

Turnage, Flowers, Turrentine were all 4 stars. Can’t remember what Slaughter and TMac were rated. Hadden and Dee Williams were both coveted in the portal

Regardless, we had a huge room and many teams with less talent were much better vs pass

The DBs we have would get burnt at the snap if they played closer. Would make everyone look like Hyatt running free.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
Tbf, there are plenty other teams that play this type defense

Turnage, Flowers, Turrentine were all 4 stars. Can’t remember what Slaughter and TMac were rated. Hadden and Dee Williams were both coveted in the portal

Regardless, we had a huge room and many teams with less talent were much better vs pass

Well for a couple of them

That’s now 2 SEC staffs that haven’t gotten much out of Turnage. What does that tell you?

Flowers was a 3 * and barely in the top 1000 players in the country according to 247 composite.

Turrentine is a RS fr

VN Store

Back