‘23 AL CB Rickey Gibson (Tennessee commit)

I understand this logic. But I also think we can’t beat Georgia with their backups. If we could, they would be starting their. Like one of the posters says all the time, when we find the coach who can identify talent first, and develop, that coach will get us back. A kid like this is an example of that. Might not go our way, but this is a good indicator that this staff can identify talent. Hopefully, they can do this more than others.
Unless we develop talent better? Like Bear Bryant famously stated about our General: “He can take his’n and beat yours or yours and beat his’n.”

come-on-seriously.gif

Winning 9+ this fall would go a long way.
Exactly. They're putting forth the effort in recruiting. They appear to be thorough and making the best case possible. Now they have to prove they can coach. Recruits go to winners. The best portal players go to winners. If the Vols can finish 9-4 or 10-3 with a top 25 ranking... they'll have something to sell.

So many don't understand this when they say you have to give a coach a lot of time before expecting them to win. Coaches who do not prove they can win will not get the players they need to win.

What am I missing? I would have thought if he was just waiting on being a take for Georgia he would commit on the spot.
Hasn’t done that so we are still in this, right?

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
If we were losing this kid to KY or SCar, you might have a point. But this kid is picking the defending National Champions (blech!- I just threw up in my mouth). This has nothing to do with "NCAA issues".
We just lost a kid to Michigan State. What is the difference?

VN Store

Back