‘23 AL CB Rickey Gibson (Tennessee commit)

His opinion is that he likes this kid because the dude that coaches for us that y makes a lot of money doing it likes him. That is his opinion. Not that hard to figure out.
Wasn’t trying to figure anything out.. pretty self explanatory… just old, every time someone disagrees with said ranking, stars, or highlights it always goes back to “coach who makes loads of money likes him, must be good.. we have to agree with them”. They are wrong on several evaluations as well..

Reactions: Ttucke11
Honestly, I haven't watched a ton of video on this kid. Comes from a good program...

I want one of those 5 stahs in Alabama this year....

Wasn’t trying to figure anything out.. pretty self explanatory… just old, every time someone disagrees with said ranking, stars, or highlights it always goes back to “coach who makes loads of money likes him, must be good.. we have to agree with them”. They are wrong on several evaluations as well..
They have been known to be wrong, but every time someone questions an opinion that goes against the coaches, said giver of differing opinion acts like they are being drawn and quartered when, in fact, all that is happening is someone is questioning their opinion. You know, the same thing you were doing. Questioning the coaches opinions. Also, being that I know nothing about you and do know some stuff about the coaches, why would I believe you were right over them? By all means, continue to express your opinion. That is what this board is for. Just don't act all wounded when someone disagrees with you.

They have been known to be wrong, but every time someone questions an opinion that goes against the coaches, said giver of differing opinion acts like they are being drawn and quartered when, in fact, all that is happening is someone is questioning their opinion. You know, the same thing you were doing. Questioning the coaches opinions. Also, being that I know nothing about you and do know some stuff about the coaches, why would I believe you were right over them? By all means, continue to express your opinion. That is what this board is for. Just don't act all wounded when someone disagrees with you.
Not wounded. I never made an opinion known… you don’t know my stance lol… I don’t question the guys “making the money”…but if a poster has his opinion to question an offer or who is a take, that’s fine.. look through both sides of the window.. I genuinely feel like we all have the same feelings and interest. We just want to win… I think CWM is great.. put some boys in the league that most thought had no chance… I trust his evals. But bc someone else differs, I didn’t attack their opinion lol. That’s what makes the world go around ya know? If everyone was the same, how boring would it be?

Reactions: drvenner
Not wounded. I never made an opinion known… you don’t know my stance lol… I don’t question the guys “making the money”…but if a poster has his opinion to question an offer or who is a take, that’s fine.. look through both sides of the window.. I genuinely feel like we all have the same feelings and interest. We just want to win… I think CWM is great.. put some boys in the league that most thought had no chance… I trust his evals. But bc someone else differs, I didn’t attack their opinion lol. That’s what makes the world go around ya know? If everyone was the same, how boring would it be?
Reasonable response. Go Vols!!

Reactions: Smokey19rt
And still have a higher success rate than any “expert” on this board with their high speed connection selves. Question away but you open YOURSELF up to second guessing…ying and yang thing.

I didn't see anyone attack anything. And so what if they did? You're the one reminding everyone that this is a DISCUSSION board.

And still have a higher success rate than any “expert” on this board with their high speed connection selves. Question away but you open YOURSELF up to second guessing…ying and yang thing.
They 100% can evaluate talent better than I can lol.. you’ll never get an argument out of me on that. And again, I don’t doubt CWM, wasn’t even me that was second guessing the eval on the kid. I like his game. But just bc someone has a different opinion on this kid doesn’t make it “wrong”. It’ll all come out in the wash and we will figure out who is “right”.

If you were curious about Willie Martinez’s ability to evaluate talent…

TBD if this shakes up his recruitment. Before today it seemed like a “Vols lead heading into Arkansas OV” deal but we’ll see if that offer changes things.

Btw he ran a 4.3 and snapped a 40” vert at their camp…

TBD if this shakes up his recruitment. Before today it seemed like a “Vols lead heading into Arkansas OV” deal but we’ll see if that offer changes things.

😮

My opinion about him just elevated. That’s some freaky athleticism.

Wasn’t really aware he was on our radar and VQ made it sound like we’d only push for him if we missed on Conyer. 🤷‍♂️

I took that comment to mean more “he becomes an even bigger priority if they miss on Conyer” as opposed to “only a take if…”

Probably what they meant. I just wasn’t aware he was on the radar but just goes to show no matter how closely we fans think we know what’s going on, we have no idea who the staff is working on and prioritizing.

Reactions: bigvol67
Probably what they meant. I just wasn’t aware he was on the radar but just goes to show no matter how closely we fans think we know what’s going on, we have no idea who the staff is working on and prioritizing.
Yep….. it always cracks me up…. We start wanting someone so bad and consider him a can’t miss….. then the next update…. We find out the staff doesn’t like him and not even recruiting that player.

Reactions: bigvol67

Who said that? I couldn't find anywhere where Rusty said that

VN Store

Back