• POS CB
  • HEIGHT 6-1
  • WEIGHT 170
  • HIGH SCHOOL Hillcrest
  • HOME TOWN Evergreen, AL
  • CLASS 2020
JaCobee Bryant, Hillcrest, Cornerback

JaCobee Bryant, 2020 Cornerback - Rivals

Visiting UT today for practice. Vols offered two months ago per 247.

Reactions: FïreBall and T Dog
A highly ranked cornerback target is ready to make his first trip to Tennessee. Four-star Class of 2020 cornerback JaCobee Bryant of Hillcrest High School in Evergreen, Ala., told GoVols247 that he's scheduled to visit the Vols on Thursday to attend their spring practice.

The 6-foot-1, 170-pound Bryant also is planning to visit Vanderbilt on Thursday while he's in the state of Tennessee, according to 247Sports' Evan Watkins.

Bryant received a scholarship offer from Tennessee a little more than two months ago, and he now holds offers from nearly 20 schools, including Virginia Tech, Ole Miss, Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Virginia, Kansas, Indiana, Memphis, South Alabama, Tulane, Troy and UAB.

He said he recently has heard plenty from the Vols, and he's being recruited by new Tennessee wide receivers coach Tee Martin.

- Callahan

At this point the 6-foot, 172-pound Bryant is considering the schools he mentioned the most. Consider Kansas, Kentucky and Tennessee an unofficial top three.

"Tennessee shows me a lot of love up there, I like it," he said. "I like communication, too, I don't want no coaches just hit me up once a week, I want them on me the whole week because that shows me a lot of love. Coach (Derrick) Ansley is in with me.

"Kentucky hits me almost every day. When I went to unofficially visit at Kentucky I told them I wanted to talk to them more and communicate. Kentucky is a little organized, I like that."

Having already been to every school on the early list save for Kansas, a decision between programs could come as early as July. "I'm waiting to decide this summer," he said. "I've talked to my mom and my family about it and decided it was too early to do it this spring."

Bryant, who says he still wants offers from Alabama, Auburn and Oregon, is currently ranked as the No. 42 cornerback in the country per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. 247Sports is much higher on the two-way talent, pegging him 23rd at the position.

@chargervol ...Sounds about like your "need attention" post in the Jordan Davis thread.

"Tennessee shows me a lot of love up there, I like it," he said. "I like communication, too, I don't want no coaches just hit me up once a week, I want them on me the whole week because that shows me a lot of love. Coach (Derrick) Ansley is in with me".

chargervol
chargervol
Today at 2:20 PM#1,567
My guess:
Coaches stay on these commits all the same. For some, that's plenty.

For some, they're all in already and tell the coaches "go get the other guys, just let me know what I can do to help".

Others, require that new love feel continuously. Not interested in what else you've got going for the good of the team.

I hope our next couple of commits are more interested in helping build their team

Last edited:
Reactions: chargervol
@chargervol ...Sounds about like your "need attention" post in the Jordan Davis thread.

"Tennessee shows me a lot of love up there, I like it," he said. "I like communication, too, I don't want no coaches just hit me up once a week, I want them on me the whole week because that shows me a lot of love. Coach (Derrick) Ansley is in with me".

Yep, a lot of "look at me" and "I want" going on there.

Reactions: Easttnken
Mentioned by Matt Ray as visiting (this weekend?), and a possibility for one of the final few spots.

VN Store

Back