Al Brown on Campus

Always liked Al Brown...attended his basketball camps growing up in Muncie, IN when he was the Ball State men's coach back in early/mid 80's. Didn't know where he went after Tennessee but glad to hear he's back.

Reactions: IndyVol46
You are probably right, but I remember noticing we either struggled to score afterwards or to defend well.

I can't remember which.

Reactions: feathersax
When Kellie was hired I said I felt confident that she’d be sharp enough, and humble enough, to reach out for help like Pat did throughout her career, and so I’m happy to read this. The task of rebuilding a program that had dipped pretty low is, I’m sure, overwhelming. I think it’s wonderful that Al Brown is willing to jump in there and be the wise, older gentleman with a wealth of basketball knowledge to pass down that I imagine Kellie has sorely missed since her dad passed away. It warms my heart to think of Al kinda being that older mentor for Kellie. :)

You are probably right, but I remember noticing we either struggled to score afterwards or to defend well.

I can't remember which.

You could argue Brown was on the staff during the pinnacle years of Pat's storied coaching career. Of course Kellie happened to be there a few of those years too, and she had a pretty decent teammate as I recall...

You could argue Brown was on the staff during the pinnacle years of Pat's storied coaching career. Of course Kellie happened to be there a few of those years too, and she had a pretty decent teammate as I recall...

Are Tamika Catchings, Semeka Randall, and few others not categorized as pretty decent teammates? ;)

Reactions: tbwhhs
About whether he will be helpful? Or will be wearing his trademark sweater? 🙂

I could care less of he wore a tutu and a Mr Roger's cardigan..

Will he be helpful....
what was/is his role if not to instruct?
"" The position is a non-coaching one and can’t include any instruction of players or on-court actions. ""
This descriptive of his hire, makes me wonder just what he does do?

I could care less of he wore a tutu and a Mr Roger's cardigan..

Will he be helpful....
what was/is his role if not to instruct?
"" The position is a non-coaching one and can’t include any instruction of players or on-court actions. ""
This descriptive of his hire, makes me wonder just what he does do?

Analyist? Scout?

He can stand by the coaches and instruct them, in a very loud voice so it can be heard across the court by the players. lol Maybe our post players will benefit? :)

Analyist? Scout?

We have probably 10-15 posters on here who post with a "coaching perspective" who chime in on strengths and weaknesses...Pre and Post game analysis...(My belief here is: people not on your payroll tend to be more direct and less concerned with feelings, than people who work for you.

There are three different threads, active, that follow the nation's top 100 prospects and talk about every possible recruit in the ESPN/Hoopgurlz/etc world.

Until I know exactly what this person brings to the table,,,my only thought is, what his role was at Duke and why it changed

The story clearly says that "Brown has taken a consultant position for the Lady Vols and will advise Harper."

So, as someone Kellie obviously considers to be a trustworthy expert in her sport, Brown will be available to give her his expert advice in an official capacity. In other words, she trusts Al Brown's opinions and expertise so much that she is willing to assign an actual monetary value to it. Since Brown was around for the most successful years of her own basketball career, she personally knows his value, and I'm beyond thrilled that she has sought out an older, wiser mentor. We should ALL be thrilled!

The story clearly says that "Brown has taken a consultant position for the Lady Vols and will advise Harper."

So, as someone Kellie obviously considers to be a trustworthy expert in her sport, Brown will be available to give her his expert advice in an official capacity. In other words, she trusts Al Brown's opinions and expertise so much that she is willing to assign an actual monetary value to it. Since Brown was around for the most successful years of her own basketball career, she personally knows his value, and I'm beyond thrilled that she has sought out an older, wiser mentor. We should ALL be thrilled!

Time will surely tell

Pretty sure it was Azura Stevens. She played at Duke when he was there. She came to the game with Teonni and TK’s mom

With as many trips that Teonni has made to see sis play .... Is she a lock to commit or what ? Does anyone have any knowledge about mom wanting the sisters to play together? I remember Jaz telling the coaches to concentrate on other recruits and not worry about her..... she was coming and wanted a good class to come in with her ! Just wondering? 🤷‍♂️🙏

Reactions: krichunaka

VN Store

Back