'20 AL ATH Eric Shaw (uscjr commit)

At 6-foot-4, 210 pounds, Shaw already has really good size and has the ideal frame for the next level. He plays wide receiver, H-back, and linebacker for Reeltown, and he was on his way to a memorable season in 2018 before he tore his ACL just six games into his junior campaign.
In just six games before his torn ACL, Shaw totaled 60 tackles, seven tackles for loss, one sack, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery on defense. On offense, Shaw had 11 carries for 248 yards and three touchdowns and caught six passes for 222 yards and two touchdowns. He was also named to the second-team offense of the Opelika-Auburn News All-Area Offensive Team for smaller schools in the area despite missing time with the torn ACL.
- Rocky Top Insider

Full article here

8ABF0B97-75B8-49E8-B251-622A574B3F39.jpeg

Last edited:
“It was everything I expected,” Shaw told Volquest.

“I knew it was going to be epic. I knew all the facilities would be great. Great coaches, great workout, everything went great. It even exceeded my expectations. I didn’t expect it to be this great. It was crazy. I love the coaches. I love every coach here.”

Shaw holds more than two dozen offers and recently visited Auburn for its ‘Big Cat Weekend’ and LSU. The 6-foot-4, 215-pound athlete tore his ACL last season but is considered a dynamic and versatile prospect, capable of playing a variety of spots in college.

“Some teams want me at wide receiver. Some want tight end or linebacker. A couple even want me as a rush d-end type,” Shaw said, “I’m good with playing wherever

Shaw, a state champion high-jumper, worked out at both tight end and linebacker for Tennessee’s coaches. He received lots of 1-on-1 attention from offensive coordinator Jim Chaney and then went through defensive drills with Derrick Ansley, his area recruiter and closest coach on staff.

“Offensively, we did a lot of routes. They wanted to see how my hips moved because it ain’t too many bigger folks with loose hips. They like that I’m not tight,” Shaw explained.

“On defense, we worked on footwork. Coming out of the stance, pivoting, covering. I loved working with coach Ansley. He’s a country guy just like me. We relate a lot. He serious but he knows how to joke and laugh, too. He’s going to get the job done and get the best out of you, make you better.”

Shaw believes Tennessee prefers him on offense, especially after feedback from Chaney and a conversation with head coach Jeremy Pruitt. After the workout, Pruitt pulled Shaw aside and told the Alabama native “that he really likes me at tight end,” Shaw detailed.

“He said he can easily see me putting on 30 pounds. I like it. I’m open to it.”

Shaw plans to visit Texas A&M on June 11 and then take an official visit to South Carolina on the 14th. He said a return trip to Tennessee is very likely. Right now, he has no timetable for a decision.

“It’s really about making the right decision on where I want to be. When I find that school, it’s just about narrowing things down, this is where I want to be,” he said.

“But Tennessee is crazy. They just jumped all the way up. Coming on campus, they just boosted everything.”
.”

-Vq

If he is able to put on 45 lbs over the next several years and keep that state championship high jump explosiveness he will be a heck of a threat in the redzone.

Thought Pruitt likes tight ends who can play on the LOS first and foremost. I just didn't see that in this kid

I think he does but he also took DWA when that guy isn’t a strong blocker. If you read the comments Shaw made to VQ and @vols4092, the staff seem to like him at TE. Said that Pruitt specifically talked to him about playing TE.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I think he does but he also took DWA when that guy isn’t a strong blocker. If you read the comments Shaw made to VQ and @vols4092, the staff seem to like him at TE. Said that Pruitt specifically talked to him about playing TE.
Ahh, hadn't read the stories yet.

VN Store

Back