'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

My boss met up with Dee's pops recently who told him that D could not be any happier with Tennessee, says Pruitt has been great communicating with him and that their talks have them feeling like D is going to get every opportunity to contribute this year. Feels like he can contribute at numerous positions. Says there is lots of excitement among the players in this upcoming season. He's also excited because he's indeed going to play basketball as well and the coaches seem to be aok with it. A little side note, wait till you see how big his hands are, he's going to be a weapon inside the redzone and on short yardage situations out of the wildcat. I know it's a longshot but I think he plays day 1 and is starting by the FL game.

My boss met up with Dee's pops recently who told him that D could not be any happier with Tennessee, says Pruitt has been great communicating with him and that their talks have them feeling like D is going to get every opportunity to contribute this year. Feels like he can contribute at numerous positions. Says there is lots of excitement among the players in this upcoming season. He's also excited because he's indeed going to play basketball as well and the coaches seem to be aok with it. A little side note, wait till you see how big his hands are, he's going to be a weapon inside the redzone and on short yardage situations out of the wildcat. I know it's a longshot but I think he plays day 1 and is starting by the FL game.

200.gif

Darren McFadden and Tim Tebow created a lot of headaches and converted a lot of back breaking first downs with the wildcat.
Very simple, and it's instant offense.
I forse a lot of wildcat, fade routes and quick hitters out to the flat to this kid in year 1.

I don't think he will start...but his presence will be felt early on.
Tebow didn't start one game his freshman season but he scored 13 tds!!

Hands down my favorite player in that class outside of HB. I absolutely LOVE this kid and he’s got a good head on his shoulders. He’ll be an absolute weapon.

Definitely, I think he was very underrated by one or more of the recruiting services. We will get to see him early on I believe, and by the time he has a couple years under his belt he will be a match up nightmare and a staple of our offense in the red zone

“It’s been real crazy,” Beckwith said of waiting out the last two months, “but I’ve been trying to dodge it, get in my own little workouts and stuff like that. Doing a little bit of landscaping with my dad. “Really I’ve just been trying to stay out of the way, stuff like that.” “I’m definitely excited, ready to be there, seeing what they have in store for us,” Beckwith said of the move to Knoxville.

As a senior at Florence High School last season, he did a little bit of everything and did it well, rushing for 1,055 yards, throwing for 589 yards and accounting for 526 receiving yards, totaling 27 touchdowns

“He played wildcat quarterback, running back, wide receiver, safety and some linebacker,” Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt said when Beckwith signed. “He's a guy that projects to play a number of positions, but when you watch him play, where he's the most dynamic is when the ball is in his hands. “That's what we're going to do with him when he gets here is we're going to give him the opportunity to put the ball in his hands."

Beckwith went a little more in depth about that feeling-out process when it comes to his position at the next level. “It’s still open,” he said. “I’m really thinking when I get there, I’m going to work out at different positions and whatever they see that fits me most, or wherever I’m most comfortable, that’s where they’ll keep me.

“It all depends on who all is in front of me,” Beckwith said of his position preference, “how many people are at that position.” Beckwith said his updated height and weight is 6-foot-6, 220 pounds.

His strength in high school was a playmaking ability that in part came from being bigger and faster than opposing defenders. He’s ready to get started on playmaking at the collegiate level, beginning Saturday. “The toughest part is going to be getting used to the competition,” he said. “Now, at the college level, especially in the SEC, everyone is big, fast and strong. So I just have to have the edge on my defender. “It’s going to take some time. With my coaches and my teammates working with me, I feel like I’ll pick that up quickly.”

VN Store

Back