'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

I can't believe Auburn or Alabama aren't throwing everything at this kid...

Or LSU. They just lost Thaddeus Moss and Jefferson.

I'd really like to get Beckwith, but I'm not so sure I wouldn't prefer to take the final two scholarships and bring in Brice and Dixon. A solid QB for a change and a real upgrade at RB to go with this OL. Really like the thought of that.

Compromise? Take Beckwith along with Brice. If we at least have the threat of a legit QB, perhaps our RB can be serviceable if the OL is all its hyped to be.
Haha Brice is the reason I said hank take. Just because he made one good play doesn't make him a legit QB.

Tennessee got a chance to host four-star athlete Damarcus Beckwith of Florence (Ala.) High School on an official visit Sunday and Monday after moving up his trip to Knoxville, which previously was scheduled for the final weekend before signing day. Sources said Beckwith’s two-day stay at Tennessee went well, and while he came away still referring to Florida as the favorite to land him, it’s not safe to assume that the Vols will have a difficult time overtaking the Gators down the stretch. Florida still is scheduled to host him this weekend on what could be his final visit before he announces his decision.

Despite the Gators still being the current favorites, Beckwith has some questions to answer during his trip to Gainesville, Fla. — specifically, how easy it will be for his family to travel to Florida if he goes there. Beckwith has visited the Gators only once, so they will need to impress him again this weekend to maintain their lead. With Beckwith’s half-brother, Camryn Beckwith, being committed to Tennessee as a preferred walk-on, the Vols have a family connection to him that still could be a factor in his decision, too, although he downplayed the significance of that on Monday. Regardless, it’s too early to count out Tennessee as a serious contender for Damarcus Beckwith despite him again calling Florida his leader after his latest trip to Knoxville.

- Callahan

The recruiting services that have Grimes as a 5* and Bailey as 4 do not like our recruits as well as others thus we MUST recruit better or.... I have not figured out what the or is.
I love this class, we have some players coming in with Size and Speed. Of course I never care about the recruiting service's. I see through all there have to camp for them crap. Future is so bright it got me eyes all squinty...

Man would really like to get this kid, but we seem to be snake bit with anything and everything FL... just can't beat them... I want it back to where we get who we want, when we want, and aren't worrying about them...

I love this class, we have some players coming in with Size and Speed. Of course I never care about the recruiting service's. I see through all there have to camp for them crap. Future is so bright it got me eyes all squinty...
I love this class also. But if you are looking at the recruiting services and who the other SEC teams got, you will not appreciate what our coaches will be able to do with the individual players in this class when combining them with who we have. Some want to skip steps and go straight to the national championship.

VN Store

Back