'20 AL ATH Camryn Beckwith (PWO)

4.4 40 kid as a walk-on.... YES, PLEASE.

He ran a 4.56 as a Junior and weighed almost 20 pounds less. I could see him running a high 4.4 such as a 4.49 now especially since he has put on more muscle and mass. Shuttle time as a Junior was clocked at 4.13 which is fast as heck. Good pick up for a preferred walk-on.

When I saw the commitment post on Twitter first, I swear I thought we just got a commitment from an 8th grader and rolled my eyes lol. This dude is TINY.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
He'll be the 1st to tell you that too.

Do you think the family would buy in to a commitment just to flip later? Hoping him declaring first means he has determined he does not want to be a throwin. I don't think his PWO is contingent on Dee coming... A little short, but at close to 190 lbs he won't break if hit at the next level... Guess I need to go find his season stats to get a better feel. I don't trust highlight reels...

Do you think the family would buy in to a commitment just to flip later? Hoping him declaring first means he has determined he does not want to be a throwin. I don't think his PWO is contingent on Dee coming... A little short, but at close to 190 lbs he won't break if hit at the next level... Guess I need to go find his season stats to get a better feel. I don't trust highlight reels...
He's going to go wherever Dee goes most definitely. They've got zero interest in going to separate schools, it's a family thing.

Reactions: gainesvol82
He's going to go wherever Dee goes most definitely. They've got zero interest in going to separate schools, it's a family thing.

I just don't see why he would not just wait on Dee's decision instead of looking shallow by publishing a commitment and then look weak by simply following the brother.... wish I thought it was all moot and Dee has decided to come here also and just giving Cam the opportunity to announce first to avoid the throwin tag.... but alas I do not.. But would not be surprised if he sticks after giving his word to a school, another way to avoid that tag.

I just don't see why he would not just wait on Dee's decision instead of looking shallow by publishing a commitment and then look weak by simply following the brother.... wish I thought it was all moot and Dee has decided to come here also and just giving Cam the opportunity to announce first to avoid the throwin tag.... but alas I do not.. But would not be surprised if he sticks after giving his word to a school, another way to avoid that tag.
Once again, they will definitely go to the same college, that is what's best for their family at this time they feel. As for making this announcement, it's really a good move on their part as it may force Florida to use a scholarship on him if they really want Dee. I don't think Florida will offer Cam a scholarship over a PWO but you never know. Bottom line is that I think it's great he's accepted his PWO at Tennessee and should he stick with it that will mean Dee is coming too.

He's not the caliber of Gray, he's certainly a good high school player but Gray broke records at that level!
Thus the PWO offer. But everyone discussing how young he looks should consider the possibility of the kid being a late bloomer. Type of kid that could completely transform in 3 years. He would only be a redshirt sophomore then.

Thus the PWO offer. But everyone discussing how young he looks should consider the possibility of the kid being a late bloomer. Type of kid that could completely transform in 3 years. He would only be a redshirt sophomore then.
We'll see but I think it's much more likely that his brother Dee could be a star here. He's legitimate, just really raw at the WR position. He knows how to find space and he's physical!! I think he'd be one of those that can contribute early in my opinion.

We'll see but I think it's much more likely that his brother Dee could be a star here. He's legitimate, just really raw at the WR position. He knows how to find space and he's physical!! I think he'd be one of those that can contribute early in my opinion.
No question there. I wasn't saying this was a steal or anything. Just a legitimate hypothetical. While I do see at least a couple PWO's get significant playing time in the future, I'd be a fool to predict any as future stars before they ever get on campus or shortly after, for that matter.

No question there. I wasn't saying this was a steal or anything. Just a legitimate hypothetical. While I do see at least a couple PWO's get significant playing time in the future, I'd be a fool to predict any as future stars before they ever get on campus or shortly after, for that matter.
Pruitt has strengthened the walkon program, and they are not that easy to get as schools only get to use 25 PWOs. He's definitely a hard worker so it would not surprise me to see Cam play down the road.

2020 athlete Cam Beckwith has been committed to the Vols since November as a preferred walk-on. Over the last couple of days, the athlete spent time in Knoxville hanging out at his future home. “It was fun,” Beckwith said. “The coaches showed a lot of love. Everything I asked about they answered for me. They showed me everything I needed to see. The campus is amazing. This weekend was fun and I’m ready to come back up here.”

He plans to be back in Knoxville the last weekend of the month to hang out with players and coaches. “I love the atmosphere up there. The atmosphere in the building and around the program. Being up here just makes me happy,” Beckwith offered. “Everything up there blows my mind.”
VolQuest - Preferred walk-on commit Cam Beckwith feels at home on Rocky Top

Glad to see the young man really likes being in Knoxville. I know I do when I visit family. I hope his brother will feel the same.

VN Store

Back