Akron game wishes

All the givens (no injuries, lots of pt for backups).

I’d like to see Hendon get in sync, particularly throwing to Ced. I’d like to see the o-line blowing them off the ball. I’d like to see Jabari and Jaylen both get close to 100 yards despite not playing much past half. I’d like to see Bru and Hyatt continue to come on, as well as Merrill, Holiday, Keyton, etc. make some plays. I’d like to see a younger player get a sack or force a turnover. And why not; Sampson busts a 40+ yard run. Oh and a couple nice touch long balls from Joe.

Edit: Also I’d line some up and coming announcers who are trying to prove themselves by calling the game instead of talking about %*#!ING ICE CREAM!!!

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Not sure about Jackson. He played vs BSU which means he can only play 3 more games this season to preserve his redshirt.
oh, yes, i forgot in the OP to list to stop the slant play on defense.

This is a game Jackson could potentially get a lot of reps and get out through the paces. That’s why I said not handoff or screen duty. Then you sit on him in case a catastrophe happens later in the year.

Not sure about Jackson. He played vs BSU which means he can only play 3 more games this season to preserve his redshirt.
oh, yes, i forgot in the OP to list to stop the slant play on defense.
Seems like the slant play has given us fits for years.

Play the starters about a quarter so they can correct their mistakes from last week then let the backups play. No injuries going into Florida. We need a healthy, well rested team next week.

No injuries
work on improving mistakes from last week
Game decided by half time or before
2nd and 3rd stringers get valuable reps in second half

I'd like too see Hendon hit some of those 15-20 yard passes with more consistency. We know he can dump it out to Tillman and Bru with no issue. We know he can launch it deep and let those guys go and get it. But I'd like to see more accuracy on the "shorter" out or post routes.

1. Bru lead the team with receptions. Would like his confidence to be at a high going into Florida.
2. More balance in terms of how wide receivers are targeted and a wide receiver rotation.
3. Dylan Sampson record a long run.
4. Wesley Walker take some snaps at Safety for McCollough. I think that Walker and McDonald are both good players. McCollough never leaves the field and I think it's more to do with his experience and depth behind than him being the most dominate defensive back on our roster.
5. An aggressive second/third team defense. Ask them to do against Akron, what they will have to do against Florida.

VN Store

Back