Ainge????

25/37 is pretty darn good. That's near 70%. The INT was bad, but other than that he had a pretty good game. Didn't help that he was under pressure on almost every play.

Did you watch the game? I thought there were plays were Ainge had all day to throw more often than not.

Did you watch the game? I thought there were plays were Ainge had all day to throw more often than not.

No, I didn't watch the game... I'm just guessing.

Of course I watched the game. There was at least 3 times when a blocker completely whiffed and Ainge was forced to throw the ball away and get killed in the process.

The QB always gets the blame...

Ainge's performance is a microcosm of what this season has been like. We're in it because of Ainge's play all game, but end up losing because he's getting no support. Usually from bad o-line play, today, he was the ONLY player on our whole offense who truly did well. Foster and Coker did ok, the line and receivers were bad.

Not to mention that terrible run D coming back up.

you can't sit in the pocket with your feet glued to the turf for 5 or 6 seconds. That's just common sence as a qb. especially a junior qb. move a little damn. wats with all the screens? the rarely worked but they kept going back to them. TE's were open underneath all day.

Anyone else hoping Ainge goes pro next year?

:p :hi: :crazy: :cray: :whistling:

:yes:

Ralph

The chance of Ainge going pro is probably as slim as you getting a clue, but you never know.

25/37 is pretty darn good. That's near 70%. The INT was bad, but other than that he had a pretty good game. Didn't help that he was under pressure on almost every play.
That is not good Erik Ainge 2006 stats he could have done alot better against their zone.granted B. Smith would have been a big help.

Thats not a very good day. 1 int as well:disappointed:

i'm not in a very good mood, so i'm going to assume i'm not seeing the sarcasm in there. his INT was awful, but that was the only bad thing ainge did. there were times he could've got rid of the ball, but didn't, but he didn't always have somebody open. any blame on ainge is uncalled for.

Nobody to blame at UT for today's loss. I have played and coached many years. You just have to give credit to the other team for playing better and mistake free. We turned the ball over and it didn't help. Game over, season over, move on. No raises for anyone. it was not a stallar year. I do think the officials made some bad calls with the receiver today. Missed push offs and called push offs that weren't there.

there is somebody to blame. he's in some other threads. his name is phil fulmer. for the upteenth time he fielded a team that wasn't prepared to pay at all. no raises for anyone? that should be true. instead the big pumpkin already got a raise for yet another 9 win season (a season in which mind you he had one more game to win 9 games).

How many dropped balls did you guys see today? I saw a bunch - Meacham had at least two, Swain had some as well. The only receiver that played well was Brown.

You guys that want Ainge to go pro are crazy. He is a solid QB - he won way more games for us than he lost this year. :lolabove:

I couldn't figure out why we kept running those under screens against cover 2 and cover 3 and their LBs sitting there waiting for us.

yeah you cant run screens with a 1st and 2nd team all american reading it perfectly and blowing it up every time.

I thinking blaming him for the loss is absurd. I think wanting him to go pro is ridiculosu unless you want to lose 6 games next year. That said...

1. He had over 250 yards, but it was some of the most quiet yards I could think of in awhile. Not his fault at all...but by watching the game and looking at the score I wouldnt have guess Aigne threw for almost 300 yards.

2. Something I noticed Ainge do in this game and I think he's done in others...Im fairly sure I saw Ainge, several times, release a pass at the top of his arm motion, but then the ball would sail at a downward angle. So much that a lot of players were catching the ball in their stomach kinda near their waist, instead of their upper chest. Its hard to make a move when you're catching the ball low. Anyone else notice this?

Ainge played a great game today. Your criticism is completely absurd.

if you think that was great then you need to watch more football. ainge is going nowhere. he will never play on sundays, he doesn't have the head for it.

please enlighten me champy. what kind of "head" do you have to have for the NFL?

the game was def. not Ainges fault.. that was just ugly football by Tenn.. it def. was not the way we have been playin all year.. receivers dropped balls, backs fumbled and coaching was not good... the only thing that looked familiar were the calls by the officials.. once again against the VOLS like always.. im not blaming them for the lose because we def. did that ourselves... im just sayin they sucked. the ruffing the QB call.. what was that?? he just touched his leg and the guy didnt even move. and the pass interference calls.. o well.. next year.. GO VOLS!!!

I think Ainge's biggest problem at the next level will be his size. He, to me, looks very fragile and just look like a guy that gets hurt alot. He's had 3 seasons here and he's missed games because of injury two of those years.

I just think he needs to beef up to be atleast healthy at the next level.

while i agree the game was not ainge's fault. the officials didn't do anything to cost us that game either. the days of being able to be physical w/ a qb or more importantly a WR are over. the only reason we lost the game was because we were completely unprepared and as usual, joepa had his team ready to play sound, solid, and mistake free football. it was simply matter of getting outcoached and nothing else

if you think that was great then you need to watch more football. ainge is going nowhere. he will never play on sundays, he doesn't have the head for it.

what do you want him to do, man? He made his throws, we dropped them etc etc.

VN Store

Back