Ainge vs. Leak

both...every player in division 1 college football is a heisman candidate, some will become heisman finalists, and one will become heisman winner. also, every U.S. born citizen over the age of 35 is a presidential candidate.

i do not feel like capitalizing right now.

Well, Leak has a better TD/INT ratio... otherwise, they are dead even. If people are starting to mention Leak, they should mention EA as well.

If people are starting to mention Leak, they should mention EA as well.[/QUOTE]

thank you thats all i was trying to say

:good!: I know. Erik needs to turn down the number of picks though. :peace2:

IMO, By the end of the year EA will have better stats than Leak. Better overall record....maybe not but with the way the Vols are running the football EA's gonna have a lot of opportunities.

Yeah but did anyone see Gameday Saturday. They had a big thing about Leak, and even had an on feild with the reporter, Dallas Baker, and such.

Looks like ESPN is popping down on both knees for Chris Leak. I guess since Brady Quinn is done they have to service some other player from one of these schools. (ND, Oklahoma, Florida, Michigan, FSU, Miami, Ohio State)

It's sad because I think without any doubt in my mind that Adrian Peterson from Oklahoma is the best player in College Football.

The whole Manning ordeal made me disrespect the Heisman some, but after Jason White won it in 2003 I just said that Award is the biggest laughing stock in Sports. Which I still do to this day, believe.

Leak has one giant thing on Erick. He beat him at Knoxville. That is big in this kind of thing.

And who gives a rats butt about the Hypeman. The award is retarted and NEVER goes to the right guy. NEVER.

i know a few people who care about the heisman. the high school kids that have offers at every major college. where do you think they will go?

:lolabove: :lolabove:

Wrong. Vince Young deserved it. Bush is good but what happened in Rose bowl is proof that VY was the best college football player last year. Plus Bush took money and should have been ineligible.

Wrong, based on the regular season, Bush deserved it. The rose bowl was after and should not be factored in at all, unless they start giving out the Heisman later.

The money didn't make him play better, and it is a stupid rule, but he did break it. Still based on the regular season, Bush deserved it.

Eh, looking back to last year, I'd have to give it to Young. Bush is a phenominal player and athlete, but VY led Texas to a 12-0 season..The Heisman is supposed to go to the all around best player in college football, and I think VY deserved it much more than RB, Bush won it on hype alone.

Look who was ranked 9th in the nation in rushing, averaging less then 5 carries a game lol.

LaMarcus CokerTenn 19/199/10.5

I really don't think that Leak can win it. Gators must go 11-1 if not 12-0 for him to get real consideration and I don't see that happening. Right now, THE huge game is LSU. Assuming Florida and Alabama play to form and that Florida can manage a win against LSU, the hype for the Auburn game will be so big that a big night for Leak probably would propel him to serious candidacy. But then there are land mines with UGA and FSU still to go at that point. I just don't see how Leak can manage to put up the stats necessary to win it with those games on the schedule.

Having said that, if Florida does beat those teams and Leak maintains a high 60's % completion rate and makes some great throws to the talented wide receivers at UF in these big games, he has as good a shot as anyone, right?

As to Ainge, the primary thing you are missing is history. And while Ainge is having a good year so far, he is coming off a pretty mediocre year. He just isn't in the mix this year because of last year, be it fair or unfair.

I really don't think that Leak can win it. Gators must go 11-1 if not 12-0 for him to get real consideration and I don't see that happening. Right now, THE huge game is LSU. Assuming Florida and Alabama play to form and that Florida can manage a win against LSU, the hype for the Auburn game will be so big that a big night for Leak probably would propel him to serious candidacy. But then there are land mines with UGA and FSU still to go at that point. I just don't see how Leak can manage to put up the stats necessary to win it with those games on the schedule.

Having said that, if Florida does beat those teams and Leak maintains a high 60's % completion rate and makes some great throws to the talented wide receivers at UF in these big games, he has as good a shot as anyone, right?

As to Ainge, the primary thing you are missing is history. And while Ainge is having a good year so far, he is coming off a pretty mediocre year. He just isn't in the mix this year because of last year, be it fair or unfair.

Exactly. As much as people don't want to admit it, the Heisman is a "Lifetime Achievement" award. Rarely does the award go to someone who had a great season without having a great career. That's why you never see freshmen or sophomores receive the award. i.e., Grossman in '01 or Adrian Peterson 2 years ago. A player must string together at least 2 consecutive great seasons or have a nice career with a great final season as a junior or senior. Ainge's performance in '05 coupled with the loss to UF this year (and 2 INTs in that game) will NOT = Heisman in '06.

About that lifetime achievement comment, you are of course referring to every year except the years that the Heisman went to:
Carson Palmer
Charles Woodson
Rashaan Salaam
etc.

True, I dont think Tebow sharing time with Leak helps Leaks confidence or chances of winning it. Tebow comes in and does well and everyone will focus on him.

VN Store

Back