Aidoo to the portal confirmed

College sports fans are hilarious. Love the player while they're playing for your team but talk about them like a dog if they leave.
Might as well get used to it cause it’s going to get worse. Gonna be more of that with the transfer portal and especially if they transfer to a rival for no reason other than money.

Could Jonas be odd man out? I have seen him linked to UNC, Baylor and Kentucky. Each school seems to be landing transfers and Baylor may be out of NIL money. Maybe the guy should have remained in Knoxville with a secure starting position. If he guesses wrong - his playing time may not be what he hoped for.

Comments from Barnes in media interview about Aidoo to the portal.
--------------------------------------
"Yeah," Barnes told the media when asked if he was surprised. "Because he had told everybody he was fine."
"We have guys that literally tell us, hey, they love it, they're here," Barnes added when asked about how difficult it is to build a program and culture in the transfer portal era. "Then they come in a day later and they've talked to someone else and they're gone.

"We've got a wonderful thing going here. This is a great opportunity for a lot of people. And I can tell you, our phone rings off the hook because people want to be a part of this.

I wasn't detecting a lot of love for aidoo in the press conferences yesterday either. I bet his teammates are pretty upset about the way he left too.

Anyways, if he is reading what a bunch of people on the Internet think about his game that's entirely on him.

Reactions: ksgovols
When I saw Aidoo walk off the court with a towel over his head after sitting much of the second half of the Purdue game, my first thought was that he was pissed and wouldn’t be back. I hoped he would stay but I think he probably has a problem with Barnes.

When I saw Aidoo walk off the court with a towel over his head after sitting much of the second half of the Purdue game, my first thought was that he was pissed and wouldn’t be back. I hoped he would stay but I think he probably has a problem with Barnes.
I doubt he's so dull as to blame Barnes for sitting him when his effort was so poor. He'd been subpar for more than just the Purdue game. My guess is the he knew he was on the way out and his heart wasn't in the games and/or he wasn't going to risk injury. He looked checked out to me. Likely didn't care for how he was being used and wanted more outside shots. Basketball version of Chase Burns IMO.

Yeah, well maybe if he hadn’t folded like a lawn chair against Purdue, he wouldn’t have been benched.

I don’t believe so and not according to SF. Aidoo was upset he didn’t play well and was content with staying. Then, he was contacted about offers.

Had nothing to do with Barnes.

If you yourself had performed as poorly as JA, you would probably be embarrassed and cover your head with a towel as well.

I felt bad for him.

" It’s been an honor to put on a Tennessee uniform each and every game and I wouldn’t trade it for anything"
🤔😏

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back