Aidoo to the portal confirmed

For many of us, being a fan in a different way may mean becoming utterly indifferent toward college sports.

Yep. While I don’t know that I’ll ever be totally indifferent towards the games themselves, this whole ordeal is driving me to indifference when it comes to the portal / recruiting side of things.

It’s not even enjoyable keeping up with portal nonsense. This probably isn’t the best comparison, but it’s like listening to an uncle babble on about his new truck when every Tom, Dick, and Harry in the family knows he’ll trade it in for something else in a couple of months.

Reckon we’ll get the mercenaries we get and lose the mercenaries we lose.

Grant called Barnes "brutal" in practice. Players don't respond to brutal as they used to since they have so many non-brutal options. I'm a CRB fan but it may appear that he is a solution and a problem.
If this is why Aidoo and Awaka left, why did it take this long? Aidoo certainly isn't the toughest individual, but I wouldn't call Awaka soft at all. Knecht sought tough coaching out. No, I think Aidoo is leaving for money and Awaka likely wants the same plus to be closer to home. Regardless it's done. I'm excited to see who Barnes brings in.

lol more than Ballo and Cliff

This ^ might be the reason Aidoo is leaving. We got a guy every bit as coveted as them, and we don't appreciate him.

If you want scoring and rebounding from center, than Ballo might be a good choice, but your guards aren't going to love playing with him. He's not the dive man the other two are in the pick n roll, and he eats up space in the paint which gets in the way of driving lanes. I'm not surprised Bama would want more of a rim runner like Omuruyi or Aidoo....these are their per 40 minute stats and Aidoo played in a much better conference against much tougher scheduling:

1712877345743.png

Last edited:
This ^ might be the reason Aidoo is leaving. We got a guy every bit as coveted as them, and we don't appreciate him.

If you want scoring and rebounding from center, than Ballo might be a good choice, but your guards aren't going to love playing with him. He's not the dive man the other two are in the pick n roll, and he eats up space in the paint which gets in the way of driving lanes. I'm not surprised Bama wouldn't want more of a rim runner like Omuruyi or Aidoo....these are their per 40 minute stats and Aidoo played in a much better conference against much tougher scheduling:

View attachment 633730
I think he’s probably leaving for the money, especially if he’s actually going to a blue blood as is rumored

Grant called Barnes "brutal" in practice. Players don't respond to brutal as they used to since they have so many non-brutal options. I'm a CRB fan but it may appear that he is a solution and a problem.
Grant was in poor shape when he came to the VOLS. Rick and Co. made him into an NBA player. Certainly Knecht appreciated it.

Another thing about Aidoo getting outmuscled by big teams this year....we were small at PG. Small at SG. Small at PF....Knecht was the only guy getting more rebounds than his matchup and we expect Aidoo to handle big strong teams when that's the team around him? It's asking too much.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Well boys is it over? Are we going to middle of the pack in the SEC? Kind of seems that way. It was fun while it lasted I guess.

My son’s favorite animal is a giraffe. He has a bunch of giraffe stuffed animals. It was actually a topic of conversation today whether he should throw away his giraffes. He said yes 😪
My boys had a similar reaction when Freddie Freeman left the Braves…but not the stuffed animals. My youngest had drawings he did of Freddie and his cards, he got rid of them

That or pissed Barnes benched him in the 2nd half of the Purdue game.
I mean he did go 1-20 or some **** last 2 games. He lucky he even played against Purdue like he did. But he has been good this year till the last 2 games. I would have thought he would have used it as a learning situation and get better? Estrella will be a star next year and we will be fine, with or without Aidoo, maybe that Aidoo is in portal, Awaka will come back.

Reactions: SlyStone
My boys had a similar reaction when Freddie Freeman left the Braves…but not the stuffed animals. My youngest had drawings he did of Freddie and his cards, he got rid of them
I was going to say, I think a lot of this is like Freddie with the Braves. We should wait till they sign before throwing everything out the window on the off chance something happens

I was going to say, I think a lot of this is like Freddie with the Braves. We should wait till they sign before throwing everything out the window on the off chance something happens

Oh, we're not getting rid of any giraffes, even if Jonas goes to bama. He was into giraffes before Aidoo came along, and those things cost money!

VN Store

Back