Aidoo is impressive!

11 rebounds in only 16 minutes on the floor also bodes well for Tobe Awaka.
He's going to be a force for the Vols going forward.
In 34 minutes, Aidoo and Awaka had 16 points and 20 rebounds. That's really good production. I think we honestly might have found something with the pairing of Aidoo and Awaka. There's still enough spacing on offense since Aidoo can stretch the floor a little bit, and offensive rebounding takes a huge jump up (after already being really good) when both of those guys are on the floor. Defensively we're very good as well with those two on the floor.

Yeah, very good interior passer, needs to work on the outlet pass, tho. As much as I think he will help this year's team, next year is when it will all come together for Aidoo, imo

I really like Aidoo but he got blew by twice vs Arizona hopeful he got some growing pains and works on that part of his game. I think he has a high ceiling, look forward to seeing him grow.

Reactions: cardvolfan
So his 8 rebounds against Southern Cal and 9 rebounds against Kansas didn’t impress you? Or, do you just say these things with no knowledge of his performances this year?
If Plate’s point is he’d like to see Aidoo put up consistent numbers against the P5 teams then I can agree. Aidoo has been up and down - when he starts performing at a high level every game then he will officially have arrived.

If Plate’s point is he’d like to see Aidoo put up consistent numbers against the P5 teams then I can agree. Aidoo has been up and down - when he starts performing at a high level every game then he will officially have arrived.
You might read his statement again.

In 34 minutes, Aidoo and Awaka had 16 points and 20 rebounds. That's really good production. I think we honestly might have found something with the pairing of Aidoo and Awaka. There's still enough spacing on offense since Aidoo can stretch the floor a little bit, and offensive rebounding takes a huge jump up (after already being really good) when both of those guys are on the floor. Defensively we're very good as well with those two on the floor.

I really like Aidoo but he got blew by twice vs Arizona hopeful he got some growing pains and works on that part of his game. I think he has a high ceiling, look forward to seeing him grow.

He still plays a little awkward. His size and shot blocking potential is a plus. I misses the game, but they are are pairing him with Awaka that would give us size, defense and rebounding.

VN Store

Back