Aid Changes Might Finally Arrive For College Baseball

In essence, the rich just got richer. Tim Corbin’s job just became that much easier. All those kids who were getting huge need based aid, and Vandy recruits a lot of kids that fall into this category as the threshold is pretty high, can now get baseball money on top of that. In the past, Vandy put their recruits into two piles - those whose families made under $150k for example and were getting a lot of financial need based aid and those who didn’t. They threw all the 11.7 baseball money at those in the second category. Take Austin Martin who was just drafted 5th. He was a walk on because he qualified for a lot of need based money and therefore didn’t require baseball money. Now for instance, Vandy can throw a little baseball money at those kids and they are on a full ride, like in the article, a kid gets 70% need / merit based aid can be given 0.3 of the 11.7 and not pay a dime. I expect the majority of their team to now be on full scholarships. It’s hard to recruit against that. Think of your son being offered a full ride at Vandy vs 1/2 scholarship at Tennessee. It would be hard for you to pass up the full ride.

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1
I understand the point. However, I tend to think any money that can help out the players and their families is a good thing for college baseball.

Reactions: StarRaider
In essence, the rich just got richer. Tim Corbin’s job just became that much easier. All those kids who were getting huge need based aid, and Vandy recruits a lot of kids that fall into this category as the threshold is pretty high, can now get baseball money on top of that. In the past, Vandy put their recruits into two piles - those whose families made under $150k for example and were getting a lot of financial need based aid and those who didn’t. They threw all the 11.7 baseball money at those in the second category. Take Austin Martin who was just drafted 5th. He was a walk on because he qualified for a lot of need based money and therefore didn’t require baseball money. Now for instance, Vandy can throw a little baseball money at those kids and they are on a full ride, like in the article, a kid gets 70% need / merit based aid can be given 0.3 of the 11.7 and not pay a dime. I expect the majority of their team to now be on full scholarships. It’s hard to recruit against that. Think of your son being offered a full ride at Vandy vs 1/2 scholarship at Tennessee. It would be hard for you to pass up the full ride.
I don’t think vandy will change anything with this. Their advantage is already maxed out. I was told by someone that would know that their financial aid $ would decrease if athletic dollars were added so there is no need to spend any 11.7. So it’s a wash for them.

Regardless of what you’ve been told, it will absolutely help Vanderbilt. Anyone not looking through black and gold glasses can see that. Every article written by a plethora of sources says the same. Bruin, you have some strange out there opinions and beliefs, but tell me you don’t truly believe Corbin and the university won’t use this to their advantage.

Regardless of what you’ve been told, it will absolutely help Vanderbilt. Anyone not looking through black and gold glasses can see that. Every article written by a plethora of sources says the same. Bruin, you have some strange out there opinions and beliefs, but tell me you don’t truly believe Corbin and the university won’t use this to their advantage.
An attempt at logical discussion with Bruin 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Thanos

look man you realize those quotes have been out there for years and again you need to stop commenting on my post like you know what I have said over the years.

to make an understatement I have been extremely vocal about vandys unfair advantage for years and years here

All I am saying is that the advantage I have been disgusted about for years was maxed out. This changes Nothing for them
They already had darn near unlimited scholarships and this doesn’t change that

Reactions: CunningLinguist
look man you realize those quotes have been out there for years and again you need to stop commenting on my post like you know what I have said over the years.

So you’re saying you didn’t say what a huge Vandy fan you had become in the World Series thread a few years ago?

I also remember the things you said about Vincent Dallas when he quit the football team for reasons you knew nothing about but now blame CTV for players leaving. Why was he a weak soft &@“$@ who couldn’t handle competition but it’s all the coaches’ fault for over recruiting when players leave the baseball team?

Maybe it’s you that don’t really know what all you’ve said over the years...

I also remember the things you said about Vincent Dallas when he quit the football team for reasons you knew nothing about but now blame CTV for players leaving. Why was he a weak soft &@“$@ who couldn’t handle competition but it’s all the coaches’ fault for over recruiting when players leave the baseball team?

Dear gracious you couldn’t set it on a tee more for. This might be the dumbest angle anymore has ever taken on this baseball boards

I’ll make it plain and simple and crystal clear. When CTV stops having upwards of 50 or more players on his rosters I’ll start giving him
The benefit of the doubt when it comes to players dropping like flies off that roster.
I’ll start talking about the selfishness of kids and their need for instant gratification in this world but as long as that fall roster needs to be cut by 10-20 Living beings you really
Need to just lay low on this subject.

Just a really unintelligent post unless you wanted to hear once again that your head coach is a cutthroat recruiter.

Reactions: CunningLinguist
So you’re saying you didn’t say what a huge Vandy fan you had become in the World Series thread a few years ago?

Maybe it’s you that don’t really know what all you’ve said over the years...

Huge fan huh??

Let’s make this clear.

I can say I respect what Saban has done at Bama and their tradition and still hate their program.

I can say (and did a few weeks back) that I have learned to think coach cal is a good person but still hate Kentucky hoops.

I can say I “respect” the dedication of ISIS to their cause but hate the causes

you see I can say I respect something without being a fan of the program itself.

as for the record my stance on vandy has changed over the years as I used to think what they were doing was flat out cheating in some way. Now I realize they simply are taking advantage of the rules to fullest and I don’t blame them and damn sure respect Corbin for what’s he’s done.

But I Would love for you to link my post where I said I was “a fan of vandy” . I’d love to read the context.

VN Store

Back