Ahuna not eligible??

So you guys think that as the SEC we just say you know what we don’t need to play the best schools? That’s a bully mentality. Obviously I’m a huge sec fan but at the same time you stop being the best if you aren’t playing the best from other conferences.. and as this was started was because someone said just be on our own but all our sports can’t make it I promise.. and for all of you if you ask Tony V I promise you he will say he would take a ncaa natty over a sec tournament championship 10/10 times if you think I’m wrong sorry but you are indeed an idiot
Have you seen the rankings lately?
The teams in the SEC are the best schools, and it’s not even close.

And stop blaming everyone for our loss to notre shame last year we had a chance to win and we didn’t.. I can’t stand blaming 2 losses on an ump we had enough talent 1 player shouldn’t have made a difference in that series I’m sorry. I just don’t will
Never understand the whole let’s just do it on our own bs.. I think you would probably not get the same players you get now not to mention the money it would cost the schools to form that and run it.. and for the we played in the game every year deal that’s great but they didn’t win it and we went the best when all said and done in those years either..

Reactions: Titan05
Have you seen the rankings lately?
The teams in the SEC are the best schools, and it’s not even close.
And we are still getting beat by the iowas/Arizona/GCU lol it’s baseball anyone can win on any give day and that’s more true in baseball than any other school.. who did Arkansas get beat by today?

The only reason anyone even suggest this is because they think the ncaa is out to get us when in reality it’s guys in our own conference reporting us… SEC coaches are why this is even happening

Reactions: Volanooga2521
And we are still getting beat by the iowas/Arizona/GCU lol it’s baseball anyone can win on any give day and that’s more true in baseball than any other school.. who did Arkansas get beat by today?
Arizona lol? Arizona is a top 15 level program historically and has played for 2 titles in the last decade. There’s zero shame in losing to Arizona.

And stop blaming everyone for our loss to notre shame last year we had a chance to win and we didn’t.. I can’t stand blaming 2 losses on an ump we had enough talent 1 player shouldn’t have made a difference in that series I’m sorry. I just don’t will
Never understand the whole let’s just do it on our own bs.. I think you would probably not get the same players you get now not to mention the money it would cost the schools to form that and run it.. and for the we played in the game every year deal that’s great but they didn’t win it and we went the best when all said and done in those years either..
You have no clue what you are talking about. Football funds the majority of everything athletic related. It’s not going to make any difference whether the rest of the sports are NCAA affiliated or not. The SEC is big enough to function on it’s own without any help. Literally nothing would change other than the out of conference scheduling and postseason tournament. Kids want to play against the best competition and last I checked that’s in the SEC for the better part of 30 years running now. This isn’t a small 5 year sampling. This is over a quarter of a century. You are very naive to think this conference needs the other conferences to survive.

So you guys think that as the SEC we just say you know what we don’t need to play the best schools? That’s a bully mentality. Obviously I’m a huge sec fan but at the same time you stop being the best if you aren’t playing the best from other conferences.. and as this was started was because someone said just be on our own but all our sports can’t make it I promise.. and for all of you if you ask Tony V I promise you he will say he would take a ncaa natty over a sec tournament championship 10/10 times if you think I’m wrong sorry but you are indeed an idiot
If the SEC disbanded then it wouldn’t be the NCAA championship they are hunting. The SEC championship would be the de facto national championship for league members. I think the part you are missing is that the NCAA is becoming more and more irrelevant each passing year. Nobody said we don’t want to win a national championship but I’m saying the SEC would still flourish without the other conferences. And you don’t have to call us idiots. We already know we are 😂

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I just have no idea what we’re (the NCAA) trying to accomplish here. You have opened the can of worms. The genie is out of the bottle. NIL and the transfer portal exist and you implemented them under the guise of saying you want to empower student athletes, yet there is ZERO consistency to how the rules apply, when they decide rules have been broken, etc.

What is their goal here? It’s a freaking mess and in my mind you cannot straddle the line. Either it’s all or nothing. Either you are committing to empowering the student or you never should have implemented NIL and the transfer portal to begin with. This wishy washy crap isn’t fair to anyone.

I don't think the ncaa had anything to do with the implementation of NIL. That was court directed.

Suing the ncaa would be problematic without an obvious injury to UT. Meaning, this probably has to play out and UT would have damages that are above and beyond what the ncaa does to other people, and that is a tough burden of proof. But, if this ends up with UT be able to make a case for ncaa abuse, then I think we should attack them in court.

Reactions: VolPack22
Either way anyone want to sit here and kick the schools out who are apparently behind this whole situation? That’s where the anger should be towards.. but I still will say Tony would give 2 ***** about a sec tournament baseball win if he could with the NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP. Every sec school should hang a banner for natty champion when they win the conference championship.. don’t even play in the ncaa tournament if it doesn’t mean as much lol that’s crazy.. and I’m not the idiot the idiots are the ones saying leave the ncaa because of that really was the best option then they would have already done it which they haven’t.

Everything you read is saying we are in this situation right now because other SEC schools put us here apparently. Rat on us, if it wasn’t the ncaa they would have complained to whoever the sec governing body of this proposed breakaway from the ncaa idea..

Not so much court directed as court allowed as a result of the suit against the NCAA.

Can you expand on that, Chuck? Did the ncaa then come up with rules to follow for NIL? It appeared to me there were no rules for quite some time after the court ruling. Got a history lesson there you can give me? Thanks.

VN Store

Back