Ah, back in the Top 25 and that means ESPN articles...

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
...like this one:

Meet the 2020 breakout players for each Top 25 team

The #25 Vols get this note in the mix:

Jeremy Pruitt might have found something at running back late last season. Gray, a 5-foot-10 freshman from Memphis, Tennessee, went from being an afterthought most of the season to being a can't-miss player in the regular-season finale against Vanderbilt, in which he carried the ball 25 times for a school-record 246 yards and three touchdowns. He followed that with an MVP performance against Indiana in the Gator Bowl, in which he recovered an onside kick, scored the game-winning touchdown and racked up 120 all-purpose yards. -- Scarborough
Go Vols!

I like the slow, steady improvement we have seen thus far under Pruitt. Nice and steady does it. Year 1: At least you could see we had potentially a good head coach. Year 2: Started rough, but the players seemed to buy in more and more. Started beating the teams we should beat and finished with a winning record. Year 3: ???? Maybe 9 - 3 and at least a threat to win the east? If we can do that we are fine ladies and gents. That will prove to recruits that good times lay ahead for the Big Orange and if the want to win, you can darn sure do it at Tennessee too. We have finished second to many great recruits because we have been a dumpster fire for way too long. We were the second choice for Trevor Lawrence, Derek Henry, Tee Higgans, and so on.....just think if some of these players had actually came here.

Thank gawd we won that bowl game. Inconsequential to some but the whole vibe of the offseason would be much different if we had lost. We could/should actually have a good season next year.

What's great about this is the writer doesn't even bother to mention TS or CM anchoring the already more experienced line next year.

As a resident NegaVol (though I’d consider myself a realist), no negativity this year. I think we all are on board this go around. If something bad happens we’re going to call it out but let’s be honest, Pruitt is making big moves this off season.

This is the year for Pruitt and Fulmer’s machinations to come to fruition. I can’t speak for all NegaVols but I’m fully behind the guy and he is doing some great work.

#GBO

Reactions: SmokinBob
I like the slow, steady improvement we have seen thus far under Pruitt. Nice and steady does it. Year 1: At least you could see we had potentially a good head coach. Year 2: Started rough, but the players seemed to buy in more and more. Started beating the teams we should beat and finished with a winning record. Year 3: ???? Maybe 9 - 3 and at least a threat to win the east? If we can do that we are fine ladies and gents. That will prove to recruits that good times lay ahead for the Big Orange and if the want to win, you can darn sure do it at Tennessee too. We have finished second to many great recruits because we have been a dumpster fire for way too long. We were the second choice for Trevor Lawrence, Derek Henry, Tee Higgans, and so on.....just think if some of these players had actually came here.
Half of Clemson's starting O wanted to come to UT but ended up there for some reason or another.
Trevor, Ettienne?, Higgins...... Travis Ettienne is Janzen Jacksons cousin.

Reactions: norrislakevol

VN Store

Back