After watching the news Conf. Which coach impressed the most?

The proof will be on the football field as we observe how well this staff develops the current roster and future recruiting classes.

Golesh and Halzle are going to be Head Coaches one day. Golesh, I think in the next 3-4 years and Halzle as OC when he leaves and then a HC shortly after. All that depended upon success here but that is the vibe I got from them.

Talk in Feb. Is cheap. Results in the fall are all that matter to me at this point. I don't want slogans, I do not wish for footballisms, I just want to see a team that looks coached, can line up before the snap, and has the sense to call a TO if things really don't look kosher.

Coming from an old man like I am I gotta say that I kinda like the idea that most of our new coaches are younger. This may help in 2 ways...1. they may be able to connect with this new generation of athlete's and 2. They are young and feel like they have something to prove and will work their ass off in order to do so.

Will CJH take us to the promise land? Only time will tell...but I do believe after this upcoming season that we will be winning 8-10 games a year. And after the last 15/20 years of what we have been through....I'll take that as a stepping stone everyday and twice on Sunday. GBO

Reactions: Mightyvol
I really enjoyed it. Maybe I'm naive but I kinda liked all of them. They all seemed to have consistent and respectful temperament, which to me shows signs of cohesion within a staff. Yes, I know it's only February, but they seemed like younger guys with a common vision. To me, that seems like something that would lend itself well to team buy in.

Kodi Burns stood out to me the most. I liked how he described what type of WR traits he prioritized and his overall demeanor. The QB coach got a pretty tough question in being asked to rank in order of importance, Intelligence, accuracy, mobility (I think?). I thought he answered it swimmingly.

Curiosity got the best of me, so I watched the press conference. I must admit, I liked every coach. This is the first time in many years, probably since Cutcliffe, I actual have confidence in our offense and offensive staff. As bad as I hate to admit being "an older guy," I really like the "youthfulness" of this offensive staff.

With the above said, I am certain every SEC head coach now knows 21 points is no longer an automatic winner.....every game is going to be a shootout!!

I thought all of them were personable, knowledgeable, and on the same page. My largest concern is how they will be able to recruit against all the established SEC coaches. I think it may take this year to prove they can replicate CJH's offensive production in the SEC to get the HS offensive players to buy in. I do have confidence they will prove that. Depending on the rest of the hires on defense, it remains to be seen how effective they can recruit, and how effective CTB is at calling his own plays. This will be the first year of his career he will do this. However, having Garner and Martinez (likely) will help with many years of SEC experience on that side of the ball.
Banks has been the sole DC and called plays before. It's just been awhile, and not in the SEC, but it is not foreign to him. This is a very capable staff that I think will get the most out of what they have to work with. Will that translate into immediate success? Not likely. That also depends on what you view as success at this stage. I think 7 wins would be exceeding realistic expectations in year 1.

You can see the recruiting potential of this staff through personal presence and enthusiasm. Burns is particularly impressive as is Jerry Mack. I like it that an opponent must practice to stop this offense rather than score twice and wait for a couple of pick sixes to appear by the hapless Vol qb.

VN Store

Back