After watching the news Conf. Which coach impressed the most?

Nobody stood out either good or bad.
Nobody screamed or put me to sleep.
All called Coach Heupel Coach Hype. So, I guess that’s what he likes to be called.
They all see him as an offensive genius.
They are very young. Hopefully, they can both recruit and develop players. We shall soon see.

Nobody stood out either good or bad.
Nobody screamed or put me to sleep.
All called Coach Heupel Coach Hype. So, I guess that’s what he likes to be called.
They all see him as an offensive genius.
They are very young. Hopefully, they can both recruit and develop players. We shall soon see.
You missed it. What stood out is the lack of fist pumping phoniness and a very consistent mindset and ability of each man to articulate this. A group of guys that are on the same page and believe in each other and the system. Refreshing from just randomly compiling various coaches.

That jumped off the page too me.

No one watched it.
How pathetic! Of course everyone who is a true Vol fan and had the opportunity, watched it.

And, in my opinion, everyone should be excited. This was the most detailed information we have seen from past groups.

Loved it. Very impressed with each coach's ability to express themselves, and they did not talk in generalities.

I am happy to look forward to interviews with our head coach and staff. I used to cringe every time Pruitt had a mic in ear shot, much less in front of him. The mindless and inarticulate things "said" were an embarrassment to UT and our fan base, a'ight. I don't worry about that in the least bit with this bunch. All I can wish for now is player development and good coaching decisions during the week and on game day. If we can get those two things I honestly believe the results will work themselves out.

You missed it. What stood out is the lack of fist pumping phoniness and a very consistent mindset and ability of each man to articulate this. A group of guys that are on the same page and believe in each other and the system. Refreshing from just randomly compiling various coaches.

That jumped off the page too me.

i agree with that.
they just seemed like normal guys that are ready to do their job.
very professional approach.

is it weird that I was impressed by the o-line coach?

he was a big dude.
wonder if has any eligibility left?

Edit - I don't know if these guys can compete with the big boys, but them constantly talking about fitting scheme to personnel is refreshing imo.

Reactions: fla orange
First impression was that they seem to have a higher degree of modern day offensive football "intelligence" than previous staff but we all know that was a "low bar" to surpass. As a group they seem much more professional, articulate and generally more comfortable in a press conference setting than what we have seen in recent years. I was most impressed with QB coach. Comments about fitting the scheme to the QB's capabilities and having the "football intelligence" to react to what the defense is doing might seem obvious but the previous staff was totally impotent in teaching this. If this staff can teach this, it would be the first progress on the offensive side since Dobbs was here. And I am convinced that Dobbs was only successful because of his own intelligence and skill set, not because of the "coaching" he received.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back