after this showing,will we get some more commits

My thing is, none of the above mentioned teams brought in elite talent until they brought in elite coaching staffs.

USC? No.

Florida? Zook was a good recruiter but he wasn't consistent and didn't recruit for depth.

Bama? Please...

LSU? Didn't bring in top talent until the Saban era.

Recruiting became easy for the above teams after success, not before it.

Zook recruited a national championship team.

Your fear of FSU and Miami in recruiting is weak. Learn to fear the Vols. We're taking talent out of Florida.

"You aren't discussing anything. You're here to pump Florida and dismiss anything positive UT has done as something that happened because Urban willed it so."

No specifics there buddy. Good job. :good!:

Anyways, I'll be ignoring you from now on. I'm here to discuss recruiting, not argue with people for no reason.

Good choice to ignore him. He's eating your lunch.

Zook recruited a national championship team.

Your fear of FSU and Miami in recruiting is weak. Learn to fear the Vols. We're taking talent out of Florida.

I don't fear FSU and Miami, they are however fairly stout competition. The Vols, just like a lot of SEC teams, will pull talent out of Florida from time to time. I don't believe they'll ever be a major player in the state though.

I don't fear FSU and Miami, they are however fairly stout competition. The Vols, just like a lot of SEC teams, will pull talent out of Florida from time to time. I don't believe they'll ever be a major player in the state though.

We'll add the talent we pull from Florida to the talent we take around the country.

You got out-recruited by a 5-7 team. That must suck.

We'll add the talent we pull from Florida to the talent we take around the country.

You got out-recruited by a 5-7 team. That must suck.

Lol how exactly did you out recruit us? You finished higher than us on Rivals, we finished higher than y'all on ESPN. We only gave 16 schollies and had a higher average star ranking.

You were a 5-7 team, nothing to brag about.(Can we chill out with the hostility?)

Lol how exactly did you out recruit us? You finished higher than us on Rivals, we finished higher than y'all on ESPN. We only gave 16 schollies and had a higher average star ranking.

You were a 5-7 team, nothing to brag about.(Can we chill out with the hostility?)

ESPN recruiting gets virtually no play here. Not worth the effort.

The 2 we took away from you would have raised your star average. Think about it that way henceforth.

The 5-7 to NC comparison combined with the 3-month staff is as good as it will ever get for you versus Kiffin and Company.

In my mind, Bama is the team to beat in the long run. After CUM goes to ND, Miami and FSU will recover and take your recruiting base away from you.

Bottom line... if you don't blow us out in two weeks, your program is going down sooner than you realize. CUM has known that since Kiffin arrived. Join his panic.

ESPN recruiting gets virtually no play here. Not worth the effort.

The 2 we took away from you would have raised your star average. Think about it that way henceforth.

The 5-7 to NC comparison combined with the 3-month staff is as good as it will ever get for you versus Kiffin and Company.

In my mind, Bama is the team to beat in the long run. After CUM goes to ND, Miami and FSU will recover and take your recruiting base away from you.

Bottom line... if you don't blow us out in two weeks, your program is going down sooner than you realize. CUM has known that since Kiffin arrived. Join his panic.

That's fine, but you are a single site of many. I personally prefer ESPN over Rivals because actually coaches and former player work for ESPN and recruit the players.

Regardless, we still had the highest star ranking. Think about that.

I'm sure, which is the reason we're doing so well with recruiting this season right? Powell, OwaO, Floyd, Elam, Joyner, and Luc. All 5 star recruits we look very good for, or are in the fight for. I'm positive we'll end the year with the 1 or 2nd ranked class. Ourselves and USc will be 1 and 2.

Lol you hope huh? We've been the best program in the nation for 20 years and we're just going to up and fall off the map like that? That's funny.

I hope you're joking. We've won 2 National Championships in the last 3 years and theirs a strong chance we'll win our 3rd this season but our program is going to collapse if we don't blow you out?

I'll rephrase my statement. We're the most winningest program in the nation over the past 20 years. That's a more factual statement.

I guess there's an inverse relationship between your program's success and the success of its fans.

I guess there's an inverse relationship between your program's success and the success of its fans.

You would think that after 20 years of success the gator fans would have clue on how to act. They don't of course, hence the reason they sign up for this board, spout off about how God like they are, then say "can we chill out with the hostility". I would love to use the words that come to mind when I think of the gators and their fans, but I enjoy this site and do not want to be kicked off.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:

ESPN's rankings are a joke...

You would think that after 20 years of success the gator fans would have clue on how to act. They don't of course, hence the reason they sign up for this board, spout off about how God like they are, then say "can we chill out with the hostility". I would love to use the words that come to mind when I think of the gators and their fans, but I enjoy this site and do not want to be kicked off.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Right, which is why I haven't said anything about UF being "God like", but whatever.

Sometimes, on these 'stray' Gator posters (we have a couple of regulars who do much better), I wonder if we only get the UF folks who get run off the Gator sites. It's hard to believe they're all this dense.

Of course, I'm happy on a Vols site, so I don't spend time on Gator sites. I'm sure VN is vastly superior to anything anyone else has, but I was just wondering.

After watching our guys Saturday, I don't think we'll beat the Gators this year, but I think we'll have a good enough showing to convince a few more beasts to come our way.

Sir, have you been drinking this evening?

No, Prater is a beast, but not #2 player in the nation beast. I personally think he needs to improve on his route running and YAC.

I honestly think Ronald Powell is the best player in the nation.

UF has major competition in both FSU and UM, so recruiting isn't as easy as you're making it seem.

For years USC was mediocre before Carroll came in and turned the program around. He himself has brought those recruits to Southern Cal.

LSU wasn't much of anything neither before Saban.

Bama was mediocre for years before Saban came in and turned things around.

For all the above teams recruiting became easier after success. We're going to have to agree to disagree.

No way this guy is more than 22 years old. He must not have ever watched Dinardo.

LSU has had top 10 talent no matter the coach because of their proximity to top high school players.

Please step away from the computer before you beclown yourself further.

VN Store

Back