After Bama's whuppin of TAM...

How did results between Bama and TexasAM change your opinion on UT's loss to Alabama?

• Total voters

Gandalf

The Orange/White Wizard
Considering the beat down the Bama gave Texas A&M on Saturday, does that change how you feel about our own loss to either one of them?

Yes, TAM went into the half actually up on Bama by one point but then just got destroyed from the first moments of the second half - while we pretty much just got clobbered the entire day. But then considering we had almost no players left to actually put on the field vs a much deeper fridge, is that such a surprise?

I know it doesnt excuse some questionable coaching issues - but Xs and Os are immaterial without the jimmies and joes to execute. To me, I compare their game with ours and I think it shows how much the injuries kept taking their toll. I am not saying we would have won if healthy but I think it would have been a much closer game.

Also, considering the result, does it make you think even more so that we should have beaten TAM, if we hadnt been beating ourselves? But for record turnovers, we should have been up on them by 10-14 points.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Bama dominated aTm it just didn't show on the scoreboard. They had over 300 yards of offense in the first half and took their foot off the gas in the 4th quarter.

I'm still pissed about that A&M game. It was clear we were the better team, but we didn't play like it in the first 3 quarters. And of course, it would've snapped our SEC West losing streak and put us at a possible 11 win regular season with a guaranteed New Years Six bid. Shot ourselves in the foot too many times.

Reactions: 2 people
I hate bama. The aTm game didn't change much of my perception.

I think they best us 9 out of 10 times, and only if excluding JRM do we get everyone back health do we take that 1 out of 10.

I'll take those odds. ...

Plan C to Tampa all the way. Buck Fama

Last edited:

I think they best us 9 out of 10 times, and only if excluding JRM do we get everyone back health do we take that 1 out of 10.

I disagree. If Sutton, Kirkland and Hurd played that game, I believe we win it. Almost did without them. I don't think we lose the next 9.

Considering the beat down the Bama gave Texas A&M on Saturday, does that change how you feel about our own loss to either one of them?

Yes, TAM went into the half actually up on Bama by one point but then just got destroyed from the first moments of the second half - while we pretty much just got clobbered the entire day. But then considering we had almost no players left to actually put on the field vs a much deeper fridge, is that such a surprise?

I know it doesnt excuse some questionable coaching issues - but Xs and Os are immaterial without the jimmies and joes to execute. To me, I compare their game with ours and I think it shows how much the injuries kept taking their toll. I am not saying we would have won if healthy but I think it would have been a much closer game.

Also, considering the result, does it make you think even more so that we should have beaten TAM, if we hadnt been beating ourselves? But for record turnovers, we should have been up on them by 10-14 points.

Texas A&M was down at the half. They scored on the 1st possession of the 2nd half and had all the momentum. Then Alabama does what Alabama does. They have an answer for everything and when you make mistakes they take advantage of them and turn those mistakes into touchdowns. They have the same game plan every game and they have perfected it. But to answer the question we had A&M beat if we didn't have a record number of turnovers and we beat ourselves unfortunately. We should have beaten them with the backups that were playing. If we had our studs we possibly beat them as bad as Alabama but that's not how the season has gone with the injuries. When we played Alabama we had 0 chance of winning because the amount of injuries had piled up so much it was impossible to overcome.

Reactions: 3 people

9 out of 10? What are you smoking? Fully healthy, I'd say WE win 8 out of 10. Not fully healthy, 50/50.

I disagree. If Sutton, Kirkland and Hurd played that game, I believe we win it. Almost did without them. I don't think we lose the next 9.

I was referring to bama beating us 9/10. The aTm game didn't change my perception of that.

Last edited:
9 out of 10? What are you smoking? Fully healthy, I'd say WE win 8 out of 10. Not fully healthy, 50/50.

Smoking. Just too much coffee and cigarettes for me.

The OP asked "how do you feel about our own loss to either one of them"

I was answering from the perspective of our bama loss.

Sorry man, didn't mean to confuse that.

Smoking. Just too much coffee and cigarettes for me.

The OP asked "how do you feel about our own loss to either one of them"

I was answering from the perspective of our bama loss.

Sorry man, didn't mean to confuse that.

Ah, no problem. Totally thought you were talking about aTm. Yeah, we probably lose 10 out of 10 to Bama healthy or unhealthy. Maybe we win 2 out of 10 healthy, but that's generous.

It really made me wish we could've pulled out that A&M game more than anything else. Not saying we deserved it, but really would make me feel better about the current situation.

I keep reading how the bye week couldn't have came at a better time.

Hogwash, if it were before the aTm or bama game then it would have came at a much better time.

Playing bama after 6 straight games isn't good, especially when you fill 500% of your injury quota.

No change. We lost a close game to TAMU and got curbstomped by Alabama while dealing with massive injuries for both games. TAMU could have gotten beat by 60 and it wouldnt have changed my mind in the slightest. Tennessee is just not as good as Alabama. Simple as that.

Last edited:
If CBJ had won at A&M, and went on to an 11-1 record, he would be in the top 3 for CFB Coach of the Year.

If we get to Atlanta and get Bama again, it will be a 4 quarter game. The game on 10/15 was not an accurate representation of where we are compared to them. Yeah they're better, but we just didn't have anything left physically, emotionally or psychologically.

Reactions: 2 people
Alabama should of put more points on them to be honest. They embarrassed 3 top 25 team in a row. TA&M came off a bye and got beat that bad so it happens.

VN Store

Back