After 5 Days

The beating we took was perhaps the worst beating I have ever seen a football team take....SC scored a touchdown on 9 possessions...We were powerless to stop them...

That will never be forgotten....

Reactions: dduncan4163
đŸ˜©, Matt Mauck. IF I recall, he ran the QB draw against TN entire second half.

Every. Single. Play.

Or at least it seemed that way. He couldn't throw the ball to save his life, they had no RB's, and yet we allowed him to run the same QB draw play over and over for chunk plays. Not sure, but he may have run for close to 1000 yards in that one half alone.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reactions: vol94
Yep....the D played with little emotion or pride. Something was definitely rotten in Denmark. No way we get curb-stomped like that without outside s***t going on.
When you suck mostly on your best day you don’t want to have anything taking away from your concentration. You only cost yourself and your team by not playing to the best of your ability. Some guys didn’t just period and I hope those guys are gone next year.

When these “kids” argue or complain about NIL money they have to realize that power T, that brand that is Tennessee football is the reason that have an opportunity to make money in college football. You’re not going to have those opportunities at smaller programs to make that kind of money. You’re not going to have those opportunities at other elite programs or the next level bc you played like a piece of dog S when your team was depending on you. So I hope that piece of dog feces they put on the field was worth whatever point they were trying to prove.

Reflecting on this loss I'm still emotionally drained. I know we have a lot to play for but losing to SCAR the way we did soured this season for me. Before the season if you'd told me we'd be 9-2 going into Vandy I'd be ecstatic . We beat Florida. We'd skull dragged LSU. Hell we FINALLY beat Bama. We were on top of the world. We hit a buzzsaw in Athens but that wasn't shocking. UGA is the champ and we were in there house. Our offense had a bad day and UGA made us pay. No shame in losing if you go down swinging.

Everything was still in front of us. We were in the Playoff hunt in mid November. It was feeling like the 90s once again. I forgot how good it felt seeing TN in the hunt for a NC. What made it even sweeter is NO ONE saw this coming in year 2. No one can turn things around that fast but Heup was doing it. Then Sat happened. We got blown Out by a really bad SCAR team. They beat us in every way. They humbled and humiliated us and once again no one saw it coming. Just like that a shot at the playoffs went puff.

I know yall think I'm dumber than dog s**t saying this season is a failure but I can't make chicken salad out of this chicken s**t. We came out of nowhere and in a blink of an eye we were playoff contenders. We were almost there. Just a couple more steps then BOOM back to reality. My BVS has come back worse than ever. Just can't understand how we looked that bad against really bad team. I'm still hopeful we get to 11 wins. I'm still on the Heup Train. I think he can be special. Our future looks bright. That being said the season is tarnished. Too get so close only to faceplant in the home stretch hurts like hell. There is no better feeling than watching TN play like at an elite level. I missed that feeling so much. This season isn't a failure but damn if it isn't a disappointment. We were so damn close Nation. I don't know why I can't accept last Sat. It feels like 96 Memphis. I guess I just need time. I know I'm whining but it is what it is. Does anyone else here feel like this? I hope I'm not the only one.
I know what you mean. It hurts more than anything in a long, long time.

Well if you want him off the team because he's a liability and truly doesn't deserve to wear the orange representing Tennessee, then Heupel needs to go for allowing him to stay.
Yeah maybe we can find us another Butch or Pruitt out there..good plan..not.

Reactions: sami
I am not in your court at all. How can you be upset that we didn't make it to something that no one in the country thought we had a chance at. Only this BVS damaged fan base could be upset at almost every box being checked off. When we beat Vandy, we will have the best record we have had in a very long time. We had a really bad game, it happens....a lot. Even Bama when they were dominating would stub their toe u expectedly. Please don't act like the entitled fans of other teams we call out with regularity. There are tons of fans out there that would love to have our "disappointing" season; including ours the last decade or so.

I’m still salty about the loss and the disinterest they showed. The guys in Section 504 made it a little better sharing some jack and the dad surprising his son and bringing him to his first Vols game, My 5 year old got her picture with the Vols cheerleaders so the little things made the trip worth it.

Where are we "the laughing stock of the football world"? So happy I don't subject myself to that kind of masochistic garbage.
I can’t be the only one seeing it. Everyone is so happy that we finally got brought down to reality. People are laughing their butts off. I just scroll past every single sports post in social media because even if it isn’t about us, it’s guaranteed we are getting drug through the mud in the comment section. People are finding a way to make sure the world doesn’t forget Tennessee is not in it anymore.

Reactions: VolSoldier4lyfe
I feel the exact same way Duncan
such a kick in the gut. I think It will be interesting to see how Milton looks against Candy. Joe has had time to sit back and learn this offense and he has some mop up plays under his belt. I just worry about his decision making and getting the ball out of his hands quickly with the right touch. The defense will definitely try to confuse him with some wrinkles and looks. Let’s hope he processes it all well!

The team let themselves down. Too many grade school personalities. Hopefully some of them will grow up.
My Dad is on a different site (not sure which) and the story they have is that was some sort of fight/argument between JB and someone on the coaching staff.. and that’s where all the drama and disconnect happened.. that’s my little nugget to share from Thanksgiving dinner lol (ps he has been right a time or two with the gossip)

Reactions: Stephen Gray
Don't care what was going on outside the field of play. This is a team. This is something the entire roster and staff have sweated and bled for since Heupel took the head job. With all that work and all that sacrifice, there's nothing that should have gotten in the way and into so many heads. These playoffs are incredibly hard to get into. When you can see the finish line right smack in front of you, you pour it on and finish the race. This team didn't do that. Call it inexperience, lack of maturity, or something else, but the ring was right there for the taking and they blew it. It's been 50 years since I had the pads on but there are games I'd give anything to do over. And those were no where near the importance of the SC game. After a period of time, this group of vols will really regret letting that opportunity get away. It will haunt them for the rest of their lives. Sounds melodramatic but it's true.

This is 100% true.

Defense went on a Norma Rae strike. They have the power. Fight the power. Fight the powers that be

I can’t be the only one seeing it. Everyone is so happy that we finally got brought down to reality. People are laughing their butts off. I just scroll past every single sports post in social media because even if it isn’t about us, it’s guaranteed we are getting drug through the mud in the comment section. People are finding a way to make sure the world doesn’t forget Tennessee is not in it anymore.

Social media sites and comments sections are exactly the masochistic garbage I was talking about. I mean, only a masochist would subject himself to that kind of mindless crap whose only goal is to get the exact reaction it got from you and so many others. Are you getting any information or entertainment you need from these sites? Your choice, but I haven't seen a single reference to being a laughing stock, and I'm online a few hours a day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Delmar
So NIL. Someone explain to me. Is it only for popular players, best players, or everybody on the team? Cause if it's only for the few that's gonna cause problems seems to me.

I am not in your court at all. How can you be upset that we didn't make it to something that no one in the country thought we had a chance at. Only this BVS damaged fan base could be upset at almost every box being checked off. When we beat Vandy, we will have the best record we have had in a very long time. We had a really bad game, it happens....a lot. Even Bama when they were dominating would stub their toe u expectedly. Please don't act like the entitled fans of other teams we call out with regularity. There are tons of fans out there that would love to have our "disappointing" season; including ours the last decade or so.

For the most part you are right, but opportunities to get to the CFP don't grow on trees, and we were within two wins over the weakest SEC teams we have faced (and beaten) all season from what would probably have been a shot at being part of that playoff. There's no guarantee we will have that opportunity again any time soon or ever. To not be really disappointed wouldn't be human given the stakes.

Having said that, to call the season anything but a success if we win Saturday and are 10-2 and headed for a NY6 bowl is to be the 'BVS damaged' fan you described. As a poster very succinctly just said - it is still a great season. It is just a wasted opportunity.

VN Store

Back