After 5 Days

I feel ya OP. I just can’t wrap my head around it. Only time will heal it but can’t forget that they let what could have been a truly special season slip away. And only god knows when we will have another shot at the playoffs again.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Our defense got exposed by a talented qb on a hot streak and a very good offensive scheme that played to their strengths and our weaknesses. Flush it and focus on the next opponent. Win that and go to a nice bowl. Keep your eye on the prize.

this play perhaps represent the Defense's game / #2 to the ground, rb picks up 1st down

Lol I already stole it but would never use it without your permission.
Haha. Cool, but you don't need my permission. I don't usually like changing mine but it was so cool I wanted to try it a little while. If you want to use it go ahead, I'll switch back.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
Agree 100%. This team accomplished so much with a chance for the playoffs. Hopefully USC and TCU run the table as the committee will not leave out a one loss PAC 12 champion who beat three consecutive ranked teams to conclude the season. So I won’t feel as bad if TCU and USC run the table.

Worst loss- In my eyes it is still the 2001 LSU loss as we were up @ the half and knocked out their QB and RB. Fulmer and Co were out coached, similar to Heup/Banks against USCjr, and choked to give away the opportunity to play Miami in the BCS title game in the Rose Bowl.

With that said, time heals all wounds and it is MY FAULT to allow a game to impact my mood. I have a lot to be thankful for, so my best solution is to stay away from talk radio and college football as TN will be mentioned during each game.

Heck, Sean Hannity brought up the Vols losing two night ago when Clay Travis visited his show.

GO VOlS!

Yeah, this says it. No worries here about talk radio and mid week sports TV blather, as I quit both (and all TV news as well) about 15 years ago, and have never been more informed without the aggravation of being told what to think and having bad losses shoved down my throat.

I have to agree with 2001 LSU being the worst loss - it was all right there, no depending on committees or other teams losing, just finish the job in the 2nd half and we're playing for a national title. The name Matt Mauck will always bring a shudder, and any time a QB is gashing us with scrambles or QB draws, that immediately comes to mind.

Haha. Cool, but you don't need my permission. I don't usually like changing mine but it was so cool I wanted to try it a little while. If you want to use it go ahead, I'll switch back.
Use it as long as you want I decided to go with the old school orange socks look. Wanted something that said the 80s. Even tho I was born in 86. Lol but I might take u up on offer once I get bored with this one.

To me the Georgia game was the bigger gut punch. We had finally reached #1, back in the national spotlight, playing essentially a playoff game, and we get embarrassed and overwhelmed by a clearly more talented team.

Yeah. This is not one I will get over any time soon. Every single time they release updated playoff rankings or I see it being shared all over social media I just get sick. I don’t know how we went from the way we were to that **** show we displayed. I cannot stand it. To see our name in the hunt all season to just absolutely being the laughing stock of the football world.

Of reflecting on this loss I'm still emotionally drained. I know we have a lot to play for but losing to SCAR the way we did soured this season for me. Before the season if you'd told me we'd be 9-2 going into Vandy I'd be ecstatic . We beat Florida. We'd skull dragged LSU. Hell we FINALLY beat Bama. We were on top of the world. We hit a buzzsaw in Athens but that wasn't shocking. UGA is the champ and we were in there house. Our offense had a bad day and UGA made us pay. No shame in losing if you go down swinging.

Everything was still in front of us. We were in the Playoff hunt in mid November. It was feeling like the 90s once again. I forgot how good it felt seeing TN in the hunt for a NC. What made it even sweeter is NO ONE saw this coming in year 2. No one can turn things around that fast but Heup was doing it. Then Sat happened. We got blown Out by a really bad SCAR team. They beat us in every way. They humbled and humiliated us and once again no one saw it coming. Just like that a shot at the playoffs went puff.

I know yall think I'm dumber than dog s**t saying this season is a failure but I can't maike chicken salad out of this chicken s**t. We came out of nowhere and in a blink of an eye we were playoff contenders. We were almost there. Just a couple more steps then BOOM back to reality. My BVS has come back worse than ever. Just can't understand how we looked that bad against really bad team. I'm still hopeful we get to 11 wins. I'm still on the Heup Train. I think he can be special. Our future looks bright. That being said the season is tarnished. Too get so close only to faceplant in the home stretch hurts like hell. There is no better feeling than watching TN play like at an elite level. I missed that feeling so much. This season isn't a failure but damn if it isn't a disappointment. We were so damn close Nation. I don't know why I can't accept last Sat. It feels like 96 Memphis. I guess I just need time. I know I'm whining but it is what it is. Does anyone else here feel like this? I hope I'm not the only one.

Everything you said nails the feeling right now except even the idea of this season being a failure. Hugely disappointing given the opportunity in front of us, but if we win Saturday and are 10-2 heading to a NY6 bowl, especially given how far we've come in a year and a half from oblivion, in no way can the season be termed a failure.

There will always be the nagging "what if ..." feeling that will never go away completely, because these chances don't grow on trees and there are no guarantees we will see one come our way again anytime soon - although I really hope that isn't the case, as this needs to be a lasting return to the level we're accustomed to being on. After LSU 2001, this is the memory that will always hurt the most to think of.

Not going to toss out the old “defense wins championships.” But, I will say you can only go so far without a legitimate defense. Our defense has been living on the edge of terrible all year long and this game, we fell over the edge.

Going forward, our defense needs to be good enough so there is a margin for error and they don’t get humiliated even on a bad day.

I like Beasley’s progress but we desperately need two new linebackers and two new corners. CJH should also be looking to upgrade his defensive staff. It’s not bad enough to take just anybody, but Heupel and White need to be discreetly inquiring as to who might be available and looking to upgrade - LB, DB, DC.

Yeah. This is not one I will get over any time soon. Every single time they release updated playoff rankings or I see it being shared all over social media I just get sick. I don’t know how we went from the way we were to that **** show we displayed. I cannot stand it. To see our name in the hunt all season to just absolutely being the laughing stock of the football world.

Where are we "the laughing stock of the football world"? So happy I don't subject myself to that kind of masochistic garbage.

Reflecting on this loss I'm still emotionally drained. I know we have a lot to play for but losing to SCAR the way we did soured this season for me. Before the season if you'd told me we'd be 9-2 going into Vandy I'd be ecstatic . We beat Florida. We'd skull dragged LSU. Hell we FINALLY beat Bama. We were on top of the world. We hit a buzzsaw in Athens but that wasn't shocking. UGA is the champ and we were in there house. Our offense had a bad day and UGA made us pay. No shame in losing if you go down swinging.

Everything was still in front of us. We were in the Playoff hunt in mid November. It was feeling like the 90s once again. I forgot how good it felt seeing TN in the hunt for a NC. What made it even sweeter is NO ONE saw this coming in year 2. No one can turn things around that fast but Heup was doing it. Then Sat happened. We got blown Out by a really bad SCAR team. They beat us in every way. They humbled and humiliated us and once again no one saw it coming. Just like that a shot at the playoffs went puff.

I know yall think I'm dumber than dog s**t saying this season is a failure but I can't make chicken salad out of this chicken s**t. We came out of nowhere and in a blink of an eye we were playoff contenders. We were almost there. Just a couple more steps then BOOM back to reality. My BVS has come back worse than ever. Just can't understand how we looked that bad against really bad team. I'm still hopeful we get to 11 wins. I'm still on the Heup Train. I think he can be special. Our future looks bright. That being said the season is tarnished. Too get so close only to faceplant in the home stretch hurts like hell. There is no better feeling than watching TN play like at an elite level. I missed that feeling so much. This season isn't a failure but damn if it isn't a disappointment. We were so damn close Nation. I don't know why I can't accept last Sat. It feels like 96 Memphis. I guess I just need time. I know I'm whining but it is what it is. Does anyone else here feel like this? I hope I'm not the only one.
I’m still pissed over that memphis game.

Yeah, this says it. No worries here about talk radio and mid week sports TV blather, as I quit both (and all TV news as well) about 15 years ago, and have never been more informed without the aggravation of being told what to think and having bad losses shoved down my throat.

I have to agree with 2001 LSU being the worst loss - it was all right there, no depending on committees or other teams losing, just finish the job in the 2nd half and we're playing for a national title. The name Matt Mauck will always bring a shudder, and any time a QB is gashing us with scrambles or QB draws, that immediately comes to mind.

😩, Matt Mauck. IF I recall, he ran the QB draw against TN entire second half. I just remember talking to a LSU @ halftime. I had a weird feeling and I told him the game was over. I’m not sure if I meant it or was being polite as he was dejected. But Fulmer couldn’t adjust to LSU’s scheme although we were up two scores at the half.

As far as the media, you are correct. No matter what a person says, the media can impact a person’s emotions as we are all human

Reactions: sami

VN Store

Back