After 15 years, we have finally figured out…

I had a very similar thought today. I've seen plenty of these games in the last 15 years that we would find a way to lose. To see us win, even a VERY ugly win is something I'll gladly take. 8 wins seems very doable and it wasn't that long ago that was a pipe dream. BVS is strong but hopefully Heupel has the cure.

There’s two types of crowds in this fan base

The just glad we won crowd and the we didn’t win by enough because Joe isn’t the guy crowd. I fall in to the former rather than the latter. We have a defense now I do believe.

Joe didn’t look great today but I feel like outside of UGA that’s the most talented defense we will see this year. Just win and that’s all that matters

There’s two types of crowds in this fan base

The just glad we won crowd and the we didn’t win by enough because Joe isn’t the guy crowd. I fall in to the former rather than the latter. We have a defense now I do believe.

Joe didn’t look great today but I feel like outside of UGA that’s the most talented defense we will see this year. Just win and that’s all that matters

I think it’s important to strike a balance. Barely beating inferior opponents like Austin Peay is unacceptable. Barely beating solid SEC competition is definitely acceptable. I mean just compare their last 4 recruiting classes to ours. We are still establishing our program. A&M is in year 6 of their coach, who will probably be a Hall of Famer one day. I get he’s underachieved, but he’s still a really good coach.

I think it’s important to strike a balance. Barely beating inferior opponents like Austin Peay is unacceptable. Barely beating solid SEC competition is definitely acceptable. I mean just compare their last 4 recruiting classes to ours. We are still establishing our program. A&M is in year 6 of their coach, who will probably be a Hall of Famer one day. I get he’s underachieved, but he’s still a really good coach.
Jimbo is garbage.

Jimbo is garbage.
I dunno. Maybe you're right, and I only really have opinions. I think he can probably manage games in terms of play calling at a really high level, especially when he has elite weapons. As a coordinator I think he is likely excellent, but he has also always operated under excellent coaches while coordinating. As a head coach before A&M he had success at Florida State, but I dunno if it was necessarily because of how great he was as a head coach versus taking advantage of a good situation.

I mean part of being a good head coach involves that, but I wonder how good he is with turning things around when adversity sets in. Maybe he's great, but I'm not convinced so far. I'm not sure if I really believe in his program building abilities. He took over Florida State from Bowden, whose last season was 7-6 and already had a much better situation than many new coaching positions would've provided.

One point in his favor, is that last year was a disaster and while he's had a couple of bad weeks recently, this season might end up being a lot of progress. It seems like a lot of drama in terms of the money spent and the NIL situation, and I guess everyone was learning how to deal with that, but I think it's fair to say that Fischer mishandled that last year. If he ends up winning out that'd be a strong indicator that maybe he's better than I give him credit.

We didn’t barely beat Austin Peay, didn’t smoke them by 40 like everybody thought we would but didn’t barely sneak out of that one with a win. I get being a little upset about that one, but let’s be honest, that’s a game the previous coaching staff would have no doubt held an L in.

My point in my post regarding the Joe isn’t the guy because we didn’t win by enough crowd is that, I think too many people expect an offense like we had last year. Joe simply is not that kind of QB. Is he above average to good? I think so, he’s not great. The run game carries this offense and so does the defense. Defense won that game for us yesterday, with an effort on defense like that and a little better air game in Tuscaloosa, we will come out of there with a win. Beat Alabama, if Joe don’t play good, and I think a lot of it goes away. Saban did it for years with a game manager, if that’s what Joe becomes as the season progresses and we win games, I am good with that.

I have the similar thought. Great teams find a way to win. Definitely a good sign and right direction. If we can do this more consistently then I will start believe we're becoming elite. Even Danielson acknowledged this in post game CBS interview,.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back