Advice for 1st time ticket seeker?

SockeyeVol

Blue font might be needed
Looks like I'll be in TN during bowl season. Have never gotten tix to a game. Once bowls are announced, what is best way to get tickets? Can I get them thru UT, or do I need to go they some vendor like Ticketmaster?

Thanks for any tips you can give!🏈

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
You can always just buy through the bowl game website once it’s announced where we’re going. For these mid-tier bowls we’ve been ending up in, I typically just do that and compare it to what I can get on Stubhub. It’s not like you have to act immediately because of a potential sellout.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Wife bought 2 tix for 2010 Music City Bowl for my birthday. Mid-field but REALLY high up. She’s thinking she paid $150 for the pair.

Friend of mine had 2 corporate tix and couldn’t attend. Asked me to sell them for him. I think I got $10 for the pair just before game time and tix were all over the place. The stadium was pretty full. 69000+

I’m thinking Corp sponsors buy up lots of tix for bowl games. Depending on the bowl and matchup you might be able to pick up good tix on the street.

Last edited:
They don't sell out quickly?

Do prices go up once teams are announced? I see the music City bowl already is selling tickets.
Music City Bowl 2021 Tickets | Live in Nashville!

Hmmm.....

And how do I know which teams section to sit in?

No. Our bowl game will not be sold out. Wait until it is announced until you buy. There have been people buying based off of suspected bowls to only end up going to a different bowl.

My experience has been prices sort of peak right at and in the days immediately after the announcement date. After Christmas when people who are getting them for gifts are out of the market and some folks realize they won't be able to make it to the bowl site for whatever reason prices start to go back down. At any bowl there are going to be local corporate sponsor tickets that end up floating around. Look around on the secondary market and at the bowl website in the coming days and after Christmas. You should be able to find some at a reasonable price. There are always some Vol fans with extras for sale in the days leading up to a game or on gameday. Check the official party hotel and the local alumni chapter facebook page. Sometimes at the hotel they'll even have a board up for ticket exchange.

My experience has been prices sort of peak right at and in the days immediately after the announcement date. After Christmas when people who are getting them for gifts are out of the market and some folks realize they won't be able to make it to the bowl site for whatever reason prices start to go back down. At any bowl there are going to be local corporate sponsor tickets that end up floating around. Look around on the secondary market and at the bowl website in the coming days and after Christmas. You should be able to find some at a reasonable price. There are always some Vol fans with extras for sale in the days leading up to a game or on gameday. Check the official party hotel and the local alumni chapter facebook page. Sometimes at the hotel they'll even have a board up for ticket exchange.

This. Don't panic and buy tickets right now. Just be patient and as the game nears the prices almost always fall.

Stub Hub adds a bunch of fees at checkout

The IRS is now going to add income tax to the profits off of your GROSS sales on stubhub. The fees for selling on stubhub are already 24%. We also had to pay for the tickets we sell there and I bet the IRS won't give you credit for that. I bet they also don't give you a tax break when you sell the tickets for a loss.

VN Store

Back