Advanced Stats Player Ratings

VolFann9

1648319906395.png1648320305837.png

Evan Miyakawa is PhD Statistician from Baylor University who uses a Bayesian approach predicting player and team performance. He tries to account for strength of opposition and drop meaningless possessions (when game is out of hand). This shows what a generational talent Kennedy Chandler is. I loved CJ Watson and Bone, but I think Kennedy is the best I've seen for the Vols. Josiah finished 20th in nation, and Vescovi finished 35th. The glaring weakness with this team, as we already knew, is the lack of a big man that can go get a bucket. Also, you can see one weakness in statistical modelling with Justin Powell--his score is skewed by good games he had early in the season and the fact that he didn't turn the ball over. While not turning the ball over is great, anyone who actually watched the games could see that he was not a consistent threat to score (either couldn't get open, or wouldn't shoot when he was open). I was also shocked at Nka's low offensive rating.

source: EvanMiya CBB Analytics

1648320673319.png

He also has a transfer portal page which is really helpful. Wish we had a scholarship to use on Terrance Shannon, but at the moment we can only afford to spend a scholarship on a player like Julian Phillips, unless someone in addition to Victor Bailey transfers.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back