AD White, please listen to the fans

The opinions of this fanbase are as passionately divided about Tennessee football coaches as they are politics. It doesn’t matter who he hires; there will always be social media personalities that will try to tear it apart and rile up the fan base just for their own ego, clicks and views. Sadly, it seems this fanbase is primed for another revolt.

I know I don't speak for all fans, but I tell you, many, many fans do not want an 'up and comer'. We do not want a learn on the job OC or DC--been there, done that. This isn't Central Florida. Vol fans want and deserve a proven winner. My opinion...others may disagree.

Also, I'm aware AD White isn't reading this post---maybe he has people do this.

You pay a guy 1.4M a year because he has "proven" that he knows how to hire coaches. Maybe we should listen to what he has to say.

White is a proven winner at the hiring game. Go with that before you assume a calamity.

The opinions of this fanbase are as passionately divided about Tennessee football coaches as they are politics. It doesn’t matter who he hires; there will always be social media personalities that will try to tear it apart and rile up the fan base just for their own ego, clicks and views. Sadly, it seems this fanbase is primed for another revolt.

There's not going to be another revolt.

White can make his bed and lie on it.

Whats pathetic is that us fans can likely pick a better coach than this administration can. They've not exactly been hitting it out of the park with their candidates. Perhaps they should listen to the fans. Just my opinion.

No, what's pathetic is so many on here think just about every coach, past and present, is available and wants this job. All we have to do is ask and pony up the dough.

I know I don't speak for all fans, but I tell you, many, many fans do not want an 'up and comer'. We do not want a learn on the job OC or DC--been there, done that. This isn't Central Florida. Vol fans want and deserve a proven winner. My opinion...others may disagree.

I would just about bet he has people monitor these types of things, formally or informally.

Reactions: MiramarVol

I rely on the AD to hire the coach who HE thinks can do the job. He doesn't have to read this board nor do any of his staff/advisors. That is why a firm has been hired to provide him the needed information.

Everyone needs to shut up and let the man make his hire. Tennessee has been trash the last decade, our fanbase puts unrealistic expectations on every coach that comes through. Also, it's about to be bowl bans and recruiting restrictions for at least a couple of years. I would happily take Tony Elliott if he wanted to come to this dumpster fire of a program. Relevancy is a long ways away for us. The sooner you accept it the better off you are lol.

The AD hire by all accounts was a home run I just wish they would have told him when he was hired that he wasn’t hiring a coach for UCF or Buffalo.
The chance to work with White and our money people will attract the best coach possible. If we cannot get someone you want it won’t be from lack of trying.

Tennessee plays in the SEC which IS the tip top pinnacle of all power 5 football programs.

This requires a proven power 5 winning head coach that can build a Winner over Bama, florida, George, LSU, aTm, ect.

We are NOT a training ground for 1st time head coaches that need to learn how to become a HC.

Now go find the right coach that can build us back to a National Championship winning program sir.

VFL...GBO!!!
Much like the last search, you often time end up with coordinators because the money or the job isn’t all that attractive. The opportunity to work with White will help offset our current situation. He vetted Elliott during a previous search for UCF. He is not plan A.

Reactions: USF grad in TN
“If you listen to the fans, you will soon be sitting up there with them” Buddy Ryan

I don’t understand why fans gave such lofty expectations that they should make the decision for the AD. Do you listen to outsiders in doing your job?

We just paid a guy $1.8 million to do this job. His track record in this process is pretty strong, far better than those of his three predecessors combined.

I'm going to trust White's process because it has worked wherever he's been. At the very least, we will not come out of this with a man tainted by a lack of honesty at Penn State and Tampa Bay. We also will not be getting a mentally-challenged individual who some booster liked because they thought he was the next Saban.

The person hired will have far more intelligence and relevant experience than Squidbilly. It will be someone who hasn't always had it easy, someone who has been in this situation before.

For the first time in a long time, we've got an experienced and independent hand doing this job now. He'll get it right.

:rolleyes:
DonDiego for new AD. He has his finger on the pulse...and the keyboard.

You do realize you are in this mess because Tennessee listened to the fans...

You guys have been an unmitigated gong show since they listened to you. Coaches like it or not talk and are like a fraternity. You hired a guy, smeared his reputation like he was a rapist. You got fans who think Hugh Freeze is a good idea. Hookers, which I’m sure he used for players and himself. Middle of NCAA investigation? Let’s be clear none of these college coaches are clean. Everyone is hiring hookers, paying off players with bags full of money, players raping women, coaches don’t say anything, players beating women and coaches don’t say anything. Players committing legit crimes and have coaches on speed dial to bribe a cop to hopefully let the guy go. Teams playing teachers to give kids grades. Cheating on SAT’s. Inventing programs for players and making schedules for classes that don’t exist.

Your attempting to not pay Pruitt because of the bags full of money. What coach is gonna wanna come here knowing he is going to have to give up bags full of money in order to turn the program around, while knowing if he does they won’t pay my contract.

Reactions: MiramarVol

VN Store

Back