AD White, Please Double Coach Vitello's Salary

It can be a long drive to the 407 in Knoxville rush hour traffic.

Its always "rush hour" traffic and being a resident of the county I would hate for our Vols and us fans be subjected to the mania. Don't get me wrong id love for the Vols to play down here but even as a resident its almost faster to drive to UT's campus...

Given how many of you reacted to Rick Barnes getting a big raise I hope this doesn’t happen. You’ll just piss and moan every year we don’t make Omaha.
Give a raise to a solid HC...will absolutely meltdown every single season we don’t win it all.

While he's at it, he can throw in a new, SEC quality stadium. He can call it the house that Tony built.
Isn't the city building a new facility downtown? IIRC the Vols would be able to play there too. My mind is fuzzy these days but that's what I read somewhere.

I'm all for an extension, but let the man hang a banner first before we double anything. What happened to the days of rewarding Championships vs. rewarding a good run?
C’mon Sam. We are Volnation, being emotionally stable is not one of our strongest traits. You know how this works, we love him because he’s won some games, we scream for a raise, he gets a raise, his teams get outed early in the college World Series in back to back years, we raise hell because he’s one of the top 5 paid coaches in the league(return on investment kinda thing), we fire him or he takes a prestigious job,we raise hell because our new coach sucks, we scream for Tony V., back...
GBO!!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yes. That would work for now. When I looked around Friday night, there were still a lot of empty seats in areas that should have been filled even with the limited capacity. I'm hoping that the sweep of LSU and hopefully a good weekend at Alabama will bring fans out but that has not been the case. The Tuesday games even against ETSU were sad. So many empty seats that were sold. I think there are a lot of season ticket holders that are not showing up or giving/selling their tickets. I hope with success it continues to grow but as of now there is no reason to add on more seats until you can fill the ones you have.
Not all season ticket holders are local who can make Tuesday/Wednesday night games. I’ve offered to sell my entire midweek suite of tickets at a reasonable price per game and have been taken up on it once. I eat them every week at this point, so I might as well give them away but it’s somewhat the principle of it. I damn near spend in one weekend on gas and meals traveling in what one season ticket cost; the tickets are the cheapest thing.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Not all season ticket holders are local who can make Tuesday/Wednesday night games. I’ve offered to sell my entire midweek suite of tickets at a reasonable price per game and have been taken up on it once. I eat them every week at this point, so I might as well give them away but it’s somewhat the principle of it. I damn near spend in one weekend on gas and meals traveling in what one season ticket cost; the tickets are the cheapest thing.
Do you know you can transfer those unused tickets to students for free? Go here to do so: TENNESSEE BASEBALL

Gotta change the facade...that concrete look is old and ugly IMO. Make it more modern, and take the black stadium seats all the way to the foul poles, move all of the picnic grills and such around the outfield entirely minus right...then you’re on to something.

He is long gone to Arkansas in the future

He doesn’t have to be. Tennessee has every bit of the resources and brand recognition of we choose to use those resources. We can match any SEC school on salary. We can build just as nice of a stadium. And you can win championships in Knoxville just as easily if you are an actual good coach.

There is really no reason for him to want to go back there by the time that job opens if we commit to i him like we should.

Won't be enough. It's gonna take more than slapping a coat of paint on what we call a baseball facility to keep TV here.

Coach Vitello has a chance to blaze his own path here and be ‘The Man’ without following in someone else’s footsteps. Being the guy that built it rather than the guy that came in behind the guy that built it can be very appealing to coaches.

VN Store

Back