AD White, Please Double Coach Vitello's Salary

So nice to finally have a winner in K Town. Let's keep him, ok?
Yep. A walk-off raise for CTV would be just fine after this:
2020 Walk-Off Wins
Feb. 27 vs. Indiana State (6-5) – Error in 11th Inning
March 16 vs. ETSU (9-6) – Jordan Beck 3-Run HR in 10th Inning
March 27/28 vs. LSU (9-8) – Drew Gilbert Solo HR in 11th Inning
March 28 vs. LSU (3-2) – Luc Lipcius single in 8th Inning

I hate to say it but this fan base doesn’t support baseball and spending that kind of $ doesn’t make financial sense. Start putting butts in the seats like Ole Miss, LSU, Arkansas and MSU and it’s different but right now this AD is in too much financial trouble to spend that $

So nice to finally have a winner in K Town. Let's keep him, ok?

Amen! Amen! Give him some time and the Vols will be going for an SEC championship. The coming Vanderbilt series in Knoxville should hopefully put us there this year.Too bad our best pitcher is out for the season with an injury.

Last edited:
While he's at it, he can throw in a new, SEC quality stadium. He can call it the house that Tony built.

Vitello has stated he would rather have an on campus stadium and I agree. Much better atmosphere imo, alot less hassle for students to get to games.
Just don’t know where you’d build though. Not a lot of free space on campus these days. And if you tore down LNS to build on that site, where would the team play until it was finished?

Yep. A walk-off raise for CTV would be just fine after this:
2020 Walk-Off Wins
Feb. 27 vs. Indiana State (6-5) – Error in 11th Inning
March 16 vs. ETSU (9-6) – Jordan Beck 3-Run HR in 10th Inning
March 27/28 vs. LSU (9-8) – Drew Gilbert Solo HR in 11th Inning
March 28 vs. LSU (3-2) – Luc Lipcius single in 8th Inning
Anybody got video link on the walk off's ..would love to see the reaction !!!!

Just don’t know where you’d build though. Not a lot of free space on campus these days. And if you tore down LNS to build on that site, where would the team play until it was finished?

Vitello has the plan/vision/blue print for what he wants done and it can be done in a couple of stages during off-seasons. The field itself needs nothing because it is state of the art as is. Adding suites, stadium seating, indoor facilities can be accomplished down left and right field lines. Actually the road that runs behind left field could be altered to go around that gravel parking parking lot and something special could be added there as well. Unlike Vanderbilt, Lindsey Nelson has plenty of space available for modern renovations with the right vision and Vitello has the right vision.

I think you close off the road that goes behind the fence and use the parking lot beside the field to add on down left field line. Add additonal seating if needed like USC has in left field. Put indoor facility advancements beyond right field where road is between field and gravel parking lot or in gravel parking lot and put suites above seats presently there. Add nice seating to cover the entire right field line general admission and increase second level in the open space behind our dugout. You can add a lot of seating in the areas we have without having to rebuild anything.

If Boyd builds the new stadium for the Smokies, I think UT and the Smokies could share that park and UT could play a series here and there when the Smokies are on an extended road trip.

I’m not a big fan of that but college season is half over or more before they start anyways

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I think you close off the road that goes behind the fence and use the parking lot beside the field to add on down left field line. Add additonal seating if needed like USC has in left field. Put indoor facility advancements beyond right field where road is between field and gravel parking lot or in gravel parking lot and put suites above seats presently there. Add nice seating to cover the entire right field line general admission and increase second level in the open space behind our dugout. You can add a lot of seating in the areas we have without having to rebuild anything.

That would work but I wouldn’t expect the road being closed off would go over well with football and basketball. Doesn’t have to be closed off though because the road could be altered to go around the gravel parking lot and connect back to the existing road just beyond left field. This would allow the flow of basketball and football traffic to remain the same as it is now.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yes. That would work for now. When I looked around Friday night, there were still a lot of empty seats in areas that should have been filled even with the limited capacity. I'm hoping that the sweep of LSU and hopefully a good weekend at Alabama will bring fans out but that has not been the case. The Tuesday games even against ETSU were sad. So many empty seats that were sold. I think there are a lot of season ticket holders that are not showing up or giving/selling their tickets. I hope with success it continues to grow but as of now there is no reason to add on more seats until you can fill the ones you have.

Reactions: vettefool

VN Store

Back