According to Vegas we are preseason #7-8….

Hulavol

2023-24 CFP National Championship Odds
TEAM ODDS
TEAM ODDS
Georgia +275
Alabama +500
Michigan +800
Ohio State +800
Clemson +1200
USC +1500
Tennessee +2000
Florida State +2000
Texas +2200
LSU +2500
Penn State +2800
Notre Dame +3000
Oregon +3000
Utah +4000
Washington +4000
Texas A&M +5000
Oklahoma +5000
TCU +5000

Makes sense. They can sleep walk to the playoff.
Odd to me that Clemson is that high and UNC isn’t even on the list. Did the UNC QB transfer or something? Didn’t he have Clemson on the ropes in the ACC championship or am I dreaming

Reactions: HSREF
Georgia schedule next year-super easy outside of us-we May be the only ranked regular season game for them.

We would have higher odds-but odds are based on schedule and ours is a much tougher rd.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Odd to me that Clemson is that high and UNC isn’t even on the list. Did the UNC QB transfer or something? Didn’t he have Clemson on the ropes in the ACC championship or am I dreaming
I think it's the lack of ACC competition and the idea that their frosh QB will be more dialed in. I think he will be a good one.

Reactions: TitanicVolz
Drake Maye is basically the only player coming back to UNC next season. Even though the D was terrible, there was talent, but they all transferred.

How is Georgia #1 next year when they are losing their QB ?
If their QB is decent, Georgia will probably be better next year than they were this year. I really didn't think they could pull it off this year with all the youth on defense. The core of it is back next year and it'll be better. Offense won't lose much with a decent trigger man. Fortunately we will be at home against them this year and that may give us a decent chance.

Nobody can predict what the final top 4 will look like this early
Players still entering the portal who knows what any team roster will look like come September.

Problem is we still have to play defense

That defense will be a lot - and I mean a lot - better.

Will it still be light years behind elite SEC defensive standards ? Yep- but with another year in our system, and in our truly elite S&C program - these guys will be leaps and bounds ahead of where they are now.
AND- our recruiting on that of the ball was pretty dang incredible. The one area where I think frosh can reasonably contribute on defense is in the secondary - and we loaded up on a pile of difference makers back there.
I think our Dcord is fantastic - can’t wait to see what he can do with a team full of SEC caliber players. He had nothing close to that this past year.
Yea - our defense is still gonna suck - it’ll take another year or two before we have some first rounders playing meaningful snaps on D— but they are gonna suck a whole lot less than this years’ “63 points to the gamecocks” fiasco of a unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlanetVolunteer

Will it still be light years behind elite SEC defensive standards ? Yep- but with another year in our system, and in our truly elite S&C program - these guys will be leaps and bounds ahead of where they are now.
AND- our recruiting on that of the ball was pretty dang incredible. The one area where I think frosh can reasonably contribute on defense is in the secondary - and we loaded up on a pile of difference makers back there.
I think our Dcord is fantastic - can’t wait to see what he can do with a team full of SEC caliber players. He had nothing close that this past year.
Yea - our defense is still gonna suck - it’ll take another year or two before we have some first rounders playing meaningful snaps on D— but they are gonna suck a whole lot less than this years’ “63 points to the gamecocks” fiasco of a unit.
I think the last two games were a glimpse of what we will see on defense.

I think our Dcord is fantastic - can’t wait to see what he can do with a team full of SEC caliber players. He had nothing close that this past year.
I don't quite see us light years behind SEC elite. Behind Ga yes a little. But we hung 50+ on Bama bulldozed LSU and Ky, are those the elite you speak of?

VN Store

Back