According to this, Florida should be a win

The key to 8 wins: don't slip up against anyone we should beat.

The key to 10 wins: go up to Pittsburgh and absolutely tear them up; then do the same down in Louisiana.

The key to 11 wins: sneak a march against either UGa or Bama. Preferably UGa, so we get a trip to Atlanta.

Go Vols!

That’s partially the problem, sure. But again, our offense had just put up 138 points through 3 games going into that game, including 34 against a Pitt team that would have beaten the piss out of Florida.
You make an excellent point for which i honestly don’t have a good answer

The key to 8 wins: don't slip up against anyone we should beat.

The key to 10 wins: go up to Pittsburgh and absolutely tear them up; then do the same down in Louisiana.

The key to 11 wins: sneak a march against either UGa or Bama. Preferably UGa, so we get a trip to Atlanta.

Go Vols!
So 1-1 v bama this year? With the win in atlanta?

I'm confident we handle them in Neyland. I honestly think we win by multiple scores. Hell a blow out win wouldn't be shocking.
That being said I also won't be shocked if Florida wins. History teaches me that confidence equals heartache when it comes to Florida.

If we skull drag them through Neyland I do believe the curse will be broken. We have to shake this monkey off.

Last edited:
That’s partially the problem, sure. But again, our offense had just put up 138 points through 3 games going into that game, including 34 against a Pitt team that would have beaten the piss out of Florida.
I would counter by saying that was before the team quit on Dan. Florida seems to have mid to late season collapses a bunch. It's too bad we play them in September. They were 3 points away from beating Bama the week before,

If we just focus on the game and doing our jobs we should beat Florida. Don’t get caught up with people talking about the past. Florida tanked after they beat us last year and we improved. If we had caught that 4th down pass last year that game may have had a different outcome. We just just got to take care of business one game at a time. GBO!

Reactions: 24/7vol
Can we win? Sure. I will call it a toss up, and think they’re gonna be a lot better than people think…

Based on star rankings of projected starters, this is how teams would be ranked:

Clemson - 92 (total stars among starters)
Texas A&M - 91
Ohio State - 89
Georgia - 88
Alabama - 85
Oregon - 84
Penn State - 83
Oklahoma - 81
Texas - 81
Florida - 80
Miami - 80
Notre Dame - 80

Y’all do realize that the problem with our inability to beat Florida is rarely Florida, right? It’s us. We forget how to play football that game every year.

Their defense was hilariously bad last year, and yet held us to our lowest point total of the season. We scored more on Georgia’s national championship defense than we did on Florida.

Just consider that when yall start talking about how bad they’ll be. That doesn’t seem to matter.
They weren't bad when we played them.

Florida’s front 7 is a disaster this year. Gervon Dexter looks small. Brenton Cox might be the biggest waste of talent since JJ Peterson. I can’t even name any other players in their front seven because they are practically non-existent. The secondary is better, except for Terry Dean, but if their front 7 can’t get within 10 yards of Hooker, he’s gonna carve up their dbs. I’m telling you now, Milton will get all the 4th Qtr snaps this year.

Reactions: dduncan4163
We must not go into this game with Florida with the attitude, "We hope to win." We MUST go into the game with the attitude..............We are going to get this monkey off our back. We are going to beat Florida's azz this year if it is the last thing we do. Our offensive line will open holes an army tank can run through; our backs will run like they are playing for a national championship; our receivers willl catch every ball thrown close to them; our quarterback will play the best game of his life; our defense could beat anyone ! WE WILL BEAT FLORIDA AT LEAST TWO TOUCHDOWNS.................As a 75 year old UTM alumni I do not have many more years to wait and wish................I WANT A WIN THIS YEAR !!!!!!

We must not go into this game with Florida with the attitude, "We hope to win." We MUST go into the game with the attitude..............We are going to get this monkey off our back. We are going to beat Florida's azz this year if it is the last thing we do. Our offensive line will open holes an army tank can run through; our backs will run like they are playing for a national championship; our receivers willl catch every ball thrown close to them; our quarterback will play the best game of his life; our defense could beat anyone ! WE WILL BEAT FLORIDA AT LEAST TWO TOUCHDOWNS.................As a 75 year old UTM alumni I do not have many more years to wait and wish................I WANT A WIN THIS YEAR !!!!!!
I think you'll get it, brother.

Our lads expect to win.

Y’all do realize that the problem with our inability to beat Florida is rarely Florida, right? It’s us. We forget how to play football that game every year.

Their defense was hilariously bad last year, and yet held us to our lowest point total of the season. We scored more on Georgia’s national championship defense than we did on Florida.

Just consider that when yall start talking about how bad they’ll be. That doesn’t seem to matter.
This. Its actually the fans fault though.

VN Store

Back