ACC

If you want TN to go to the ACC, and you think Tennessee isn't historically an elite SEC team, you're not a Tennessee fan, I can tell you that.

I have been arguing forcefully that TN should NOT move to the ACC. Read my posts for crying out loud (all of them). Seriously, what is wrong with you?

I know this thread might ruffle some feathers but I’ve thought for awhile now we would be better served moving to the ACC. We would’ve been the second best team in the ACC this year really and would be right at the top every year with Clemson. Knoxville is pretty close to ACC country as well and we border NC, and Virginia so natural annual rivalries with Va. Tech and Virginia along UNC and NC st. would naturally be formed.

I'm 63.....And followed and supported UT all my life. But the day that TN ever decided to join the powder puff ACC conference is the day that I would stop being a UT fan and supporter. When you want to be the best, you stay in the conference of the best....And you beat the best. Winning lots of games in a soft conference to get to the big dance....nd then getting taken to the wood shed is not what I would enjoy seeing.

Reactions: Smokey X
I know this thread might ruffle some feathers but I’ve thought for awhile now we would be better served moving to the ACC. We would’ve been the second best team in the ACC this year really and would be right at the top every year with Clemson. Knoxville is pretty close to ACC country as well and we border NC, and Virginia so natural annual rivalries with Va. Tech and Virginia along UNC and NC st. would naturally be formed.
So if you cannot beat them, run away and try it beat some of the teams who can not beat you. A huge reflection on the attitude of many of the new generation who gives up rather than work hard and become one of those who other people do not want to play. Most ridiculous suggestions I have seen since I was 5 years old. If you can,t beat them, move on and pick on some 3 or 4 year old. Give up? Have you no self respect?

Were you one of the first recipients of a participation trophy?

The only reason I would be in favor of moving to the ACC is bias. This year refs were clearly bias in our game vs Bama. It was made clear we weren't to win that game. That's compete BS and unacceptable. If your conference is going against you, it's time to move on if you want a fair playing field. But I guess money is more important at the end of the day

Think about it and it makes some pretty good sense. We would be a annual top 3 team in the ACC. When was the last time we were that in the SEC?
Think about this for a minute! Why should we change our standards as a program just so we can be in a weak conference? I remember the day where Tennessee football was the standard and didn’t bend for anyone and didn’t think about running to make it easier. I remember the days where we didn’t have fans questioning about the standards we set and held for so long. Everything goes in cycles and we must not run when the road gets tough. We have to learn and right the ship and not be in this milliennial mind set to where let’s lower the standard so things can be given to us.

Football wise it would benefit us tremendously the SEC is just too top heavy now only so much room at the top. Also our basketball program would fit in very well in the ACC
No matter what you say you will not make any seance!! Being in top 3 of a conference means nothing. Being in top 3 doesn’t get you a championship regardless of what conference it’s in. You do realize the reason the SEC schools have such nice facilities is because of being in the SEC and the money they get being in the SEC. do you think they would get same amount of money or make same amount being in the ACC? I’ll answer that for you and that is hell no!!!!

The only reason I would be in favor of moving to the ACC is bias. This year refs were clearly bias in our game vs Bama. It was made clear we weren't to win that game. That's compete BS and unacceptable. If your conference is going against you, it's time to move on if you want a fair playing field. But I guess money is more important at the end of the day
The same thing happen in all the P5 Conferences. I do not subscribe to the" I on't like the way you play the game, so I am going to back my bags ans move some place else. We are one of the founders of the SEC and when we are good enough on the field, we will get our share of calls. When things get tough, put on more steam, not back your bags and go home.

Serious question, and give it some thought, if the door opened the other direction, do you think Clemson would be as successful in the SEC as they have the last few years?

Personally, I don't think so. If they played an SEC schedule this year they don't make the CFP. Perhaps make the SECCG out of the East, but left out of the CFP.

So using my argument, would Tennessee be better off in the the ACC...from a wins and losses and reaching the CFP, yes likely. But from giving up what we have in tradition, facilities, recruiting leverage, fanbase attraction, and other amenities...no way.

To end the rant...the great Ric Flair once said "To be the man, you gotta beat the man.". For many, many years the man has resided in the SEC.

You realize now that Disney just bought out CBS for the SEC games of the week that the average SEC team payout will be close to 60 million a year. ACC teams get about 25 million a year. College football is turning into the haves and have nots. It is the SEC and Big 10 and then a huge drop to everyone else. Leaving the SEC would be the biggest mistake a program could make.

The same thing happen in all the P5 Conferences. I do not subscribe to the" I on't like the way you play the game, so I am going to back my bags ans move some place else. We are one of the founders of the SEC and when we are good enough on the field, we will get our share of calls. When things get tough, put on more steam, not back your bags and go home.

But the same thing doesn't happen in all power 5 conferences. PAC 12 refs may suck but there wasn't a clear message to prevent Arizona State from upsetting Oregon or preventing Oregon from beating Utah so they would get a playoff team in. The SEC is crooked.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
tenor.gif

VN Store

Back