Absolute Game

Ehh, their home game wins have come against
W.Virginia (3-5)
Southeast Missouri State
South Carolina (4-5)
Troy (3-5)
Ole Miss (3-6)

I want to beat Kentucky, and believe they've been the best team left on the schedule since the Alabama game, but it's hard to find a single impressive thing Mizzou has done this year.

They got dismantled by South Carolina......

Just want to say the Kentucky game in my opinion is a absolute must win,no bowl game if we lose this game!Just my opinion but I don't think we beat Mizzou at their place.They play terrible on the road but great at home.Anyone agree or not?

It appears to me that we know exactly what to expect with UK and Vandy. UK has the homefield which is big but they have serious issues at QB. If our DL plays well with their gaps we can and should beat them. Mizzou is the wild card. They have been incredibly consistent at being inconsistent. If they play their A game I could see us losing by 14, B game is a toss up, and their C game is us winning by 14. The good thing is that our C (and D & F) games appear to be in the past.

What's also interesting is both ky and Mizzou have won 1 west and 1 east game. As have we. All west teams are bottom-barrel. Ole-miss, miss state, and Arky. Ky barely escaped Arky (tied for worst in sec). They lost to Uscjr but beat Mizzou. Mizzou beat uscjr but lost to them. We beat Uscjr. KY has already lost to 2 teams by double digits, whom we beat by double digits. If you follow logic, we should win both if you exclude our winning at home. I expect a dog-fight. We'll see. I think this season has proven anyone can really beat anyone in the sec any given Saturday.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Just want to say the Kentucky game in my opinion is a absolute must win,no bowl game if we lose this game!Just my opinion but I don't think we beat Mizzou at their place.They play terrible on the road but great at home.Anyone agree or not?
Vols football isn’t for the faint of heart....check back early January for our bowl game.

Re: Mizzou - They beat Troy, SE Mo, SCar, WVU and Ole Miss at home. Turns out none of those teams are that good and WVU has taken a huge step backward. If we play the way we have been, we win out. But yes, I think we have to beat KY just for the sake of getting the best bowl game by winning out.

It appears to me that we know exactly what to expect with UK and Vandy. UK has the homefield which is big but they have serious issues at QB. If our DL plays well with their gaps we can and should beat them. Mizzou is the wild card. They have been incredibly consistent at being inconsistent. If they play their A game I could see us losing by 14, B game is a toss up, and their C game is us winning by 14. The good thing is that our C (and D & F) games appear to be in the past.

We also have serious issues at qb if jg is qb

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Yes, Mizzou has some advantage at home, but I think the schedules will be more important. MO plays GA, then FL, then UT. We play KY, open date, then MO. I think that will give us an advantage, plus I hope the players will want payback for the loss last year. GBO.

Reactions: bigorange
I think the wind will have fully left Missouri's sails by the time we play them. They will probably have lost 4 in a row by then and that home field advantage won't be nearly as daunting. I think we win all three.

I’m of the same thinking but I also am not 110% sold that we can’t beat Missouri even at their place. They’re not unbeatable at home and honestly their schedule at home has been pretty weak and that’s part of why they look so tough at home. Defense has really came together these last few weeks and I feel as if we have as good a shot to win out as we do of winning 2/3. Either way you cut it, win out or go 2-1 down this stretch, a bowl game and improvement from last season is going to happen.

Missouri plays Georgia and Florida the next two weeks as well, we will get them a little banged up too.

The last 3 games lack any excuse. Losing even one will set Pruitt back.

CJP has proven that he can scheme his defense well against one dimensional offenses. I think our D scores 2 TDs in this one and the offense gets on track with the run game. We win by 21 points.....

Reactions: jarnol32
What on earth are you talking about?

View attachment 236276

I think the way your post read people thought you were talking about the Mizzou v SCar game. My bad.

Edit: It was actually regarding your response to another poster that was referring to the Mizzou v SCar game and your reply said “they got dismantled by SCar”. That’s where the confusion was. No worries

VN Store

Back