About to get real on Rocky Top .........

Tennessee Staff lets certain kids commit with the understanding they may not have room for them in the end. It helps the kid as well with exposure. We still have so may big time lineman both sides and few DB this staff will get I believe so yes when December and February hit we will have a Top 5 Class. Maybe even the best in SEC if the 2 5 stars from GA come here. Philippians 4:6-7

You know this for fact or just speculating?

"Hi, yeah we'll accept you, but if we get a better player, sorry you're out."

Not so sure I believe this would ever actually be said.

yep. and while i think this is osmething that probably happens every cycle at other programs too, i think it's particularly noteworthy this year because of what happened to the camp schedules. really hurt some kids' chances of gaining some exposure, either at 3rd party camps, or campus run camps.
Yes Camp Exposure is vital for certain kids.

Yes a great Coach is upfront with kids that may not have Scolly .

Reactions: jakez4ut
This will be an interesting season for sure! :cool: Football Time in Tennessee magazine said there will be six quarterbacks competing for playing time this season.

Jarrett Guarantano
Brian Maurer
JT Shrout
Kasim Hill
Harrison Bailey
Jimmy Holiday

Football Time in Tennessee said Jimmy Holliday has speed that none of the other quarterbacks have.:cool:
Want a QB that can throw. HB or BM. Have not seen JH but if can move offense will take. Will take any of the six as long as they can move offense.

You can’t stop the woo. I can’t stop the woo.

Woo gonna woo.

Also, Wu gonna Wu.
Wu is also first syllable of Wuhan, source of the coronavirus. Im sure theres a connection here. First RT sung with woo added, then coronavirus mysteriously invades US from Wuhan. Dont tell me theres not a connection there.

Reactions: kcvols1
This whole " we are ranked second in the country in recruiting because we have 23 commits and a lot of 3 stars is a completely false narrative. I am pretty certain that you could not even count 7 of the bottom 3 stars and we would fall all the way from 2nd down to 4th in the country nipping at or slightly above Clemson who is currently 3rd. You remember Clemson - how did they do on the field last season?

By any standard and any way that you slice it --- this is a remarkable recruiting class and a great job by our coaches and staff. This class would already have been in the top 9- 12 in the country last year and we are in MAY. That's MAY people. Don't fall for the bs of our competitors that our average recruit is 89.98 or whatever it is and say Ole Miss' average recruit is 90.25 so they are recruiting better than us.

Ole Miss and Kiffin I think have 3 recruits. South Carolina has 5.
Some of our 3 stars will end up 4 stars. This just happened to one of our recruits this week. Others are three stars but are as good or better than our 4 and 5 stars just under the radar guys that our coaches really like. There might be one or two who may be reassigned to other schools where they will get more playing time and have a greater chance for success.

We also have had two previous recruiting cycles where we closed with a bang. I expect a similar closing this season. We are recruiting like gangbusters - it's time to pour on more steam and support all of our great recruits because …….. " They have chosen wisely ". ( Indiana Jones reference )

We have great coaches that know how to coach on the field and know how to develop players for success and to prepare them for the NFL. Last years improvement reflects that. 2020 will be our second consecutive top 10 recruiting class and if you can string 3 of those together in a row ..... with great coaches .... you typically end up with a top 10 team and program. Buckle up ..... it's about to get real on Rocky Top. jmho
Think many 3* to be recruited over. Think we see at least 5 more 4* recruits.

I am pre-Woo. Right now, I would Woo all night long if conditions were I could do it with 102,455 of my closest friends. Loved the kids, all for bringing them to Neyland!

Reactions: kcvols1 and MAD

it's all speculation, it would never be public. lol. and yeah, it does happen and from a situational awareness standpoint, it makes a ton of sense this year in particular given the camp situation and that some kids aren't gonna get the exposure they probably hoped to get.

and it's all in how you set it up. there are staffs that actually do help kids find landing spots when they know they're going to process a kid. in this situation, it's just set up that way. the kid loses nothing. the program loses nothing. if it works out, you've built good will wiht prospects, the prospects HS coaches, his buddies, teammates etc.....

Reactions: MontyPython
Jones promised us the best staff in America - and he has delivered. Granted it wasn't while he was here but his departure has ultimately brought about a top tier staff that we can be proud of. And it's already a top 12 class - well on it's way to a top 5 class.
UT will need to have more guys rated 4/5* to be in the top 5. That means either guys get bumps which is more rare than many think or they drop and replace some current commits.

We've "enjoyed" a lot of NSD success over the past several years without seeing the results in W's. I'm ready to be happy on game day instead.

How can you not like the woo??

Its like rubbing it into the other team.

Can't imagine singing it with the proper amount of energy without the woo.

It will never go away for a good reason.

Reactions: O.G.HomeGrownUTVOL
all of this. couldn't agree more. especially about the ambiguous position guys. this staff, and pruitt specifically, have done a lot of that in the last 3 years. siap the other day, it was almost a running joke for me that it seemed like every kid we offered was 6'3", 220, and played S, LB, TE, RB, WR...lol. and the roster is littered w/guys like that. and there's a few more in this class. and you're also correct on rating kids like that. they're difficult to project at the next level, so services don't necessarily know what to dow ith them, except to say they're good football players, can help in a number of ways, depending on what the staff wants to do with them and what their frames can handle from a deveopment standpoint...and they give htem a 3* rating as a result.
Just as we're talking about it... they've added another ambiguous position guy. Different mold though. HUGE guy that to me looks more like a future DT than TE... but he could be a TE or play anywhere on the OL or play anywhere on the DL.

Wu is also first syllable of Wuhan, source of the coronavirus. Im sure theres a connection here. First RT sung with woo added, then coronavirus mysteriously invades US from Wuhan. Dont tell me theres not a connection there.

Wu now, woo tomorrow, Wu-Tang forever.

Just as we're talking about it... they've added another ambiguous position guy. Different mold though. HUGE guy that to me looks more like a future DT than TE... but he could be a TE or play anywhere on the OL or play anywhere on the DL.
yep, and another guy that's hard to rate cause of the projections and it's not like he's lining up against other 6'7" dudes in HS right now lol.

for my money, i say he winds up as a DE in our 34. he's already 260ish as a rising sr in highschool. another full year in HS, and an off season at UT....he could easily be 280ish by the time he steps foot in neyland in Sept 21....looks like a taller Tyler Baron to me....

Reactions: sjt18
Haha, here we go again... I remember sometime back this was a hotly debated subject. To woo or not woo. Back in the day tons of posters on here hated the woo, yet it's still very prevalent today, and I see some on here are coming out in support of it. How times change. Someone likes it! Some are just to "Cool" to admit they like it.
Maybe we can change it a "ahwooooo!" like a dog howl from Smoky

Reactions: eroller1141@gmail
If fans aren't allowed in it's a farce. I think there will be fans because the numbers will be so low and you think Americans are fed up now just wait till it gets hot outside. It's time for America to open! GBO!

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I second or third these great young uns to come to Neyland for a game to play and the rest of the games for them to enjoy!

This whole " we are ranked second in the country in recruiting because we have 23 commits and a lot of 3 stars is a completely false narrative. I am pretty certain that you could not even count 7 of the bottom 3 stars and we would fall all the way from 2nd down to 4th in the country nipping at or slightly above Clemson who is currently 3rd. You remember Clemson - how did they do on the field last season?

By any standard and any way that you slice it --- this is a remarkable recruiting class and a great job by our coaches and staff. This class would already have been in the top 9- 12 in the country last year and we are in MAY. That's MAY people. Don't fall for the bs of our competitors that our average recruit is 89.98 or whatever it is and say Ole Miss' average recruit is 90.25 so they are recruiting better than us.

Ole Miss and Kiffin I think have 3 recruits. South Carolina has 5.
Some of our 3 stars will end up 4 stars. This just happened to one of our recruits this week. Others are three stars but are as good or better than our 4 and 5 stars just under the radar guys that our coaches really like. There might be one or two who may be reassigned to other schools where they will get more playing time and have a greater chance for success.

We also have had two previous recruiting cycles where we closed with a bang. I expect a similar closing this season. We are recruiting like gangbusters - it's time to pour on more steam and support all of our great recruits because …….. " They have chosen wisely ". ( Indiana Jones reference )

We have great coaches that know how to coach on the field and know how to develop players for success and to prepare them for the NFL. Last years improvement reflects that. 2020 will be our second consecutive top 10 recruiting class and if you can string 3 of those together in a row ..... with great coaches .... you typically end up with a top 10 team and program. Buckle up ..... it's about to get real on Rocky Top. jmho
We will lose some of the 3*s and replace with 4 and 5s

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back