About to get real on Rocky Top .........

Fullfillmer

This whole " we are ranked second in the country in recruiting because we have 23 commits and a lot of 3 stars is a completely false narrative. I am pretty certain that you could not even count 7 of the bottom 3 stars and we would fall all the way from 2nd down to 4th in the country nipping at or slightly above Clemson who is currently 3rd. You remember Clemson - how did they do on the field last season?

By any standard and any way that you slice it --- this is a remarkable recruiting class and a great job by our coaches and staff. This class would already have been in the top 9- 12 in the country last year and we are in MAY. That's MAY people. Don't fall for the bs of our competitors that our average recruit is 89.98 or whatever it is and say Ole Miss' average recruit is 90.25 so they are recruiting better than us.

Ole Miss and Kiffin I think have 3 recruits. South Carolina has 5.
Some of our 3 stars will end up 4 stars. This just happened to one of our recruits this week. Others are three stars but are as good or better than our 4 and 5 stars just under the radar guys that our coaches really like. There might be one or two who may be reassigned to other schools where they will get more playing time and have a greater chance for success.

We also have had two previous recruiting cycles where we closed with a bang. I expect a similar closing this season. We are recruiting like gangbusters - it's time to pour on more steam and support all of our great recruits because …….. " They have chosen wisely ". ( Indiana Jones reference )

We have great coaches that know how to coach on the field and know how to develop players for success and to prepare them for the NFL. Last years improvement reflects that. 2020 will be our second consecutive top 10 recruiting class and if you can string 3 of those together in a row ..... with great coaches .... you typically end up with a top 10 team and program. Buckle up ..... it's about to get real on Rocky Top. jmho

it’s going to be good if we don’t get locked out of the stadium. I just think of Grey running through Vandy like a hot knife through butter. Why wait until 2021?

If we are locked out of the stadium I am fine as long as the games are played and shown on TV. A few more drinks and a few less heart attacks but I can live with it for one season. GBO

This will be an interesting season for sure! :cool: Football Time in Tennessee magazine said there will be six quarterbacks competing for playing time this season.

Jarrett Guarantano
Brian Maurer
JT Shrout
Kasim Hill
Harrison Bailey
Jimmy Holiday

Football Time in Tennessee said Jimmy Holliday has speed that none of the other quarterbacks have.:cool:

Haha, here we go again... I remember sometime back this was a hotly debated subject. To woo or not woo. Back in the day tons of posters on here hated the woo, yet it's still very prevalent today, and I see some on here are coming out in support of it. How times change. Someone likes it! Some are just to "Cool" to admit they like it.

Reactions: GlennTenn

VN Store

Back