Aaron Craft

well, you obviously think he's not talented enough to contribute. you've seen him. i haven't. if he can hang, though, i'm willing to take a guy who doesn't have NBA talent if it means improving the work ethic of the team.
It's a whole lot easier to simply recruit talented players who work hard.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

in basketball or football? I know he received a lot of bball accolades coming out of HS, but I doubt he was the #1 recruit. don't know about football.

still, in terms of sheer athleticism, it appears he never was quicker or faster or stronger or bouncier or a superior ball handler than his top bball peers. seems he excelled by being athletic enough and (most likely) knowing how to play the game better, and perhaps having the work ethic to match it.

He was the #1 PG and #11 player overall coming out of HS.

He wasn't even ranked in football

according to Rivals.

I think one "Craft" on the team isn't a bad idea, especially if he can set a higher standard for effort and focus, no?

I agree. I think you can use kind of a blue collar type of player. Hopefully Craft can be that for us.

according to Rivals.

Paulus? I am pretty sure he was the starting QB for his squad in the Army All-American game. He was highly ranked in football.

in basketball or football? I know he received a lot of bball accolades coming out of HS, but I doubt he was the #1 recruit. don't know about football.

still, in terms of sheer athleticism, it appears he never was quicker or faster or stronger or bouncier or a superior ball handler than his top bball peers. seems he excelled by being athletic enough and (most likely) knowing how to play the game better, and perhaps having the work ethic to match it.

1. He was a #1 recruit in football, not basketball
2. While I understand your argument and I agree that there is a place for "hustle" guys, I think it would be a stretch to say that Paulus "excelled" at Duke.

Tom Lemming at ESPN had Paulus as the #2 prospect in the nation and was pushing the kid to go to ND and play football. Rivals has erased his football info from their database. He was a 5star QB prospect.

according to Rivals.

Suggested protocol for bburger991:
1. Search Google
2. Post
3. Don't forget step 1

Rivals.com - Football or basketball for Paulus?

The 6-foot-1, 180-pounder is rated by Rivals.com as a five-star prospect in basketball, as a point guard, and in football, as a quarterback.

“The kid’s amazing. He’s clearly got that Joe Montana or Tom Brady presence in the pocket,” Farrell said. “He’s as good as any quarterback in the country, and he has great football instincts. Notre Dame, Miami, Syracuse and Michigan are schools that I know are still recruiting him.

“The recruitment of Paulus has been very hush, hush for a few different reasons. Greg is still committed to play basketball for Coach K at Duke and many of the football schools recruiting him already have a committed quarterback or other players high on their lists. As a result, Paulus' football recruiting coverage could be the most secretive in years for a national top-five player.”

Paulus is rated in Rivals.comÂ’s annual recruiting yearbook as a five-star recruit, but because of his basketball commitment to Duke and statements that he would play basketball in college, Paulus is not currently rated by Rivals.com among the quarterbacks in the class of 2005 or among the nations top 100 prospects. That would change, however, should he decide to pursue football.

Tom Lemming at ESPN had Paulus as the #2 prospect in the nation and was pushing the kid to go to ND and play football. Rivals has erased his football info from their database. He was a 5star QB prospect.

Good info. I stand corrected.

Isn't this thread supposed to be about Aaron Craft? Not that it isn't interesting, but we are discussing a player's (other than the intended subject of the thread) football ability (or lack of) in a basketball forum. Anyone else think this is odd? on top of that, when someone starts a new thread about "Aaron Craft," people will be all over him/her. Am I wrong?

back on point...I am pumped about Craft. He will bring leadership, a great work ethic, and those "bradshaw" qualities this team lacks currently.

Isn't this thread supposed to be about Aaron Craft? Not that it isn't interesting, but we are discussing a player's (other than the intended subject of the thread) football ability (or lack of) in a basketball forum. Anyone else think this is odd? on top of that, when someone starts a new thread about "Aaron Craft," people will be all over him/her. Am I wrong?

Welcome to VolNation

2. While I understand your argument and I agree that there is a place for "hustle" guys, I think it would be a stretch to say that Paulus "excelled" at Duke.

I was referring to his HS bball performance, thus the reason he was a highly ranked PG coming out of HS.

Aaron Craft All Ohio Red- Without his usual backcourt mates Juwan Staten (bone bruise in his knee) and Jordan Sibert (surgery on broken leg on Friday), Craft did an admirable job running the point and keeping Deville Smith in check on the other end. A physical defender and heady all around player, Craft won't score a whole lot of points at Tennessee, but he will help the Volunteers win a lot of games. He is a glue type of guy who will remind fans in the Volunteer State of Dane Bradshaw, albeit at a different position.

VN Store

Back