A win is enough for me but what about you?

we start beating some quality SEC teams.
Only then will we know UT is back!.

I am betting the Volunteer fans in Neyland on opening day cause at least 2 Utah State timeouts and 2 obvious miscommunication plays due to the noise level.

Every play counts and the best fanbase in the nation will cause 4 of them to go to $*** for the Aggies.

That is one thing I cannot state enough. Regardless of what they say, whether or not their players are shocked by the stadium or couldn't care less, this game should be good, and I think their fans unerestimate just how hard it will be to communicate when Neyland gets loud.

I'll take a W, even if it looks pretty rough at times. Being the first game, several things could go wrong without it meaning that they're going to go wrong all season (or even in the next game). Grinding out a win in the first game would probably be the best experience for our young team anyway, but obviously I would prefer a show of dominance instead.

If Western KY is your only reference point for what "we fiddin to do" you may want to fast forward to the South Alabama game as well. We'll have 2 new lines and we very likely won't be gift wrapped an unlimited supply of turnovers as WKY graciously provided us. I don't expect an extremely close game but I'm not ruling one out either.

I want their moms, girlfriends and/or sister wives to cry similar to bamas qb's girlfriend and mom after Oklahoma. I want us to beat them so bad that they consider stop playing football altogether. I want the date we play on to forever be a day of mourning in the state of Utah. Otherwise, yeah I just want to win.

Reactions: 3 people
I'll be happy with a win, but I'll be ecstatic with a win that includes a nut punch to Chuckie.

Here's my stance.

IF we execute properly, make very little mistakes, drop very few passes, and control what we can control well, and we win by a little margin because Utah State played well as well, then I will be happy.

If we play like crap, and execute poorly, and manage to lose, or win by only a little, then no, I won't be okay.

I want execution, and I want discipline. I know that will be hard to ask from such a young team. BUT, they have to do as Butch says and "control the controllables."

This is it 1000%. I want them to look like a disciplined, well-coached team that plays with great effort.

I want their moms, girlfriends and/or sister wives to cry similar to bamas qb's girlfriend and mom after Oklahoma. I want us to beat them so bad that they consider stop playing football altogether. I want the date we play on to forever be a day of mourning in the state of Utah. Otherwise, yeah I just want to win.

I'd find that acceptable.

This!

I want to beat them so badly, that they build a Rememberance Fountain on their campus and every August 31st they turn it off to help remember the day the Tennessee Vols bombed their entire football program back to the stone age!

I want to see them driven before us and hear the lamentations of their women. However, as cautiously optimistic as I may be, I do expect a tough fight from these guys. I'd love to be proven wrong and see the good guys in orange win in a track meet...but this is going to be our toughest opener in quite a while. Just gimme the dubya, Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this game....

A win is enough for me but I want these players to not be satisfied with the results of a W and continue to strive to be a solid fundamental team. As Swain said earlier this week, I don't want to see a huge blow out and have these players get a big head and lose to Ark State.

A solid performance with film to teach on is a plus for all these young players. From a fan's stand point, I'd love to see us blow them out by 18+, but then the CFB player in me says, learn from this win or loss (god forbid) and become a better team.

Bottom line is, we have a young team and there will be growing pains. How this team handles these pains will define this team and help them achieve their goal of a bowl game.

Given our huge advantage in talent, a loss would be inexcusable.

A close win is acceptable if our quarterbacks and linemen really are as bad as most outsider observers think they are. If our linemen are getting pushed around and Worley's under-throwing receivers, so be it - that's a player execution issue that's outside of Butch Jones' power to change at this point.

However, if we're still having problems with the quarterback/center exchange, blowing coverage assignments on defense and handicapping ourselves with hyper-conservative play-calling, that would reflect very poorly on this coaching staff. ALL of our coaches have been on campus for almost two years, so those kinds of preventable mistakes wouldn't be acceptable even in a win.

VN Store

Back