A weird fact about yourself

Where did you have the surgery? I just passed my 2 yr anniversary for my transplant.

There he is. I’m at Duke University Med Center. Congratulations on your 2 years! I’ve actually been hoping you would respond. I’m obviously up here at 4 am, I can’t sleep more than in 2 or 3 hours at a time, hospitals and sleep do not go well together.

There he is. I’m at Duke University Med Center. Congratulations on your 2 years! I’ve actually been hoping you would respond. I’m obviously up here at 4 am, I can’t sleep more than in 2 or 3 hours at a time, hospitals and sleep do not go well together.
I remember those days. Early morning blood draws and nurse check ins, sleep was in spurts. Then you have to walk the halls when all you really want to do is sleep. They were always on me about walking and sitting up in a chair. Didn't help that I was anemic the first few months after my transplant and kept having to get blood.

I remember those days. Early morning blood draws and nurse check ins, sleep was in spurts. Then you have to walk the halls when all you really want to do is sleep. They were always on me about walking and sitting up in a chair. Didn't help that I was anemic the first few months after my transplant and kept having to get blood.

Sounds very familiar. They always want me up in the chair now. I made a lap around the floor for the first time yesterday, then I had to hang out in the chair for 4 hours. I was exhausted. Seeing double for a long time. My platelets #’s have been terrible so I’m bleeding quite a bit. Oh well I’m getting better so that’s part of the deal I guess. Finally noticeably getting more confident in my ability to move.

Sounds very familiar. They always want me up in the chair now. I made a lap around the floor for the first time yesterday, then I had to hang out in the chair for 4 hours. I was exhausted. Seeing double for a long time. My platelets #’s have been terrible so I’m bleeding quite a bit. Oh well I’m getting better so that’s part of the deal I guess. Finally noticeably getting more confident in my ability to move.
I can't remember how long I was in the regular hospital after the transplant. I'd already been in a couple of weeks prior. I want to say a week to 10 days after the transplant, then I went to a rehab hospital for a few weeks. It was still there on the Vandy campus but it was strictly for rehabbing. Got a big room for two all to myself because of transplant protocols.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
91%2BFMxVSogL._SY450_.jpg

Last edited:
I can't remember how long I was in the regular hospital after the transplant. I'd already been in a couple of weeks prior. I want to say a week to 10 days after the transplant, then I went to a rehab hospital for a few weeks. It was still there on the Vandy campus but it was strictly for rehabbing. Got a big room for two all to myself because of transplant protocols.
What type of transplant? if you don't mind me asking

They still make them. I think they are harder to find because retailers are opting for the newer flavors.
Where? Kroger,, target, Walmart all around ATL have dropped them. Even my family IN Chattanooga cant find them up there

weird facts.........
I refuse to drink "Gatorade"
I never have purchased toilet paper. Wife either does it or gas station rolls are mysteriously missing......

Reactions: Obsessed

VN Store

Back