A Villanova Fans Perspective...

What games have you watched where Mcmiss has contributed ? He is a foul or a turnover waiting to happen.Oh and on def. he gets blown by alot.

The one thing I can say for Skylar is takes care of the ball with only two TO's on the season. And for that matter only 4 fouls.

Honest question: When has this ever happened?

Honest question: Are you aware Fields is playing in his first season with our team?

Stephen has drawn 2 fouls before in multiple games. I am not aware of Woolridge drawing two fouls very many times.

I do think that should be a big part of the game plan. Get Villanova in foul trouble and it will be big trouble for them. They have a GULF of a drop off after 8.

McBee is getting a bad rap because people are expecting him to score. The offense has changed and so has his role on the team. Last year they were 3 point first go inside last type offense. This year they are go inside emergency 3 pointers only. McBee was expected to score last season but now he is just "resting with energy" the point or the 2. That means he comes in and goes full speed every minute he is in the game to wear down the opponent. Even if he gets beat a few times or does some fouling he is filling his role pretty well. Bruce wants the opposition on weaker legs the last 10 minutes. Its also the reason for those strange lineups we have seen the last 2 games. Bruce is a leg man.

McBee is getting a bad rap because people are expecting him to score. The offense has changed and so has his role on the team. Last year they were 3 point first go inside last type offense. This year they are go inside emergency 3 pointers only. McBee was expected to score last season but now he is just "resting with energy" the point or the 2. That means he comes in and goes full speed every minute he is in the game to wear down the opponent. Even if he gets beat a few times or does some fouling he is filling his role pretty well. Bruce wants the opposition on weaker legs the last 10 minutes. Its also the reason for those strange lineups we have seen the last 2 games. Bruce is a leg man.

:toast: Alas, someone that understands 10 deep rosters and substitution strategy!!!! Skyler is a soph and will grow into more than this,but he takes care of the ball and shoots only enough to keep the defense honest. Get off his back,Tenn kid that grew up loving the orange in the Dane Bradshaw mode!!! GO VOLS!!!

Honest question: Are you aware Fields is playing in his first season with our team?

Stephen has drawn 2 fouls before in multiple games. I am not aware of Woolridge drawing two fouls very many times.

I do think that should be a big part of the game plan. Get Villanova in foul trouble and it will be big trouble for them. They have a GULF of a drop off after 8.

First time I've heard that.

If the plan is for Pearl, Woolridge and Fields to be aggressive I'll take that all day if I'm Villanova.

It's always a benefit to get a team in foul trouble. The goal for just about every coach for every game is to shoot more FT's than your opponent.

Beating 'Nova in MSG will be a task, but if Scotty plays up to par, that will be huge. I like our chances & believe the Vols will play like wounded coon hounds.

I don't love our chances; Nova is probably the better team right now.

With that said, I believe we will compete with them. It will probably be a good game for 40 minutes.

I agree with that analysis, they are probably better right now. We need to use our defensive depth and force them to work hard for every shot the entire game. No points in the paint force send to the line, we have plenty on fouls to give low. Hopson needs to drive and pick up those fouls or easy baskets and Harris needs to finish when he gets it low.

Its a game we can win.

One thing that I like about this matchup is that Nova has not played a team that plays defense like we do. With our length on the perimeter and the physical toughness inside, we will do wonders in preparing them for conference play. That being said, Nova has traditionally found a way to win against bigger, more physical teams on a fairly consistent basis in BIG East play. This should be an exciting defensive game. I expect several blocks out of our bigs and I expect our guards to be in their hip pocket the entire game. I just hope that the refs don't call that nit-picky junk like the first round games. Usually in tourney finals the refs are a lot more likely to let the small stuff slide and let the teams play, which should work to our advantage. If we can keep the Nova guards from getting the old fashioned 3pt plays, and keep up the defensive intensity on the perimeter and don't give them good looks from behind the arc, this is a very winnable* game IMO. Should be a close one and I look forward to this great early season matchup and hope we can finally take home some hardware!!!

Go Vols!!!

I predicted he would be able to do it and he has.

I also expect him not to turn the ball over and to play solid defense and to be a coach on the floor. I am very proud of Steven.

I predicted he would be able to do it and he has.

I also expect him not to turn the ball over and to play solid defense and to be a coach on the floor. I am very proud of Steven.

You make so many predictions some are bound to stick.

You make so many predictions some are bound to stick.

There is a contingent here who love mocking them, so I also predict that there will be lots of people who have not watched much basketball this year and who have no insight and offer no predictions or analysis themselves who will show up to insert
:eek:lol:
or
:lolabove:

when something does not come true.

I know I enjoy mocking people on here who are wrong, especially when they are haughty. Strange thing is that most of the time, people who mock me are saying that the SEC is not as strong as I thought it was, or that Bruce Pearl is a liar, while I am mocking people for saying players for the team I cheer for suck when they dont.

I would be glad to be wrong about McBee. I want him to be good...

I don't love our chances; Nova is probably the better team right now.

With that said, I believe we will compete with them. It will probably be a good game for 40 minutes.

Nova was the better team until the game was played, then they got a reality check. I wasn't impressed with what i saw against UCLA. That's why i said play defense and chances were good. Nova is and was small, i figured Tennessee's length on the perimeter could give them problems and it did.

VN Store

Back