A telltale sign at the Vol Walk

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
For the first time I got to be at the very front of the crown for the Vol Walk. It was great. I got to shake the players hands and basically be about a foot from all of them. Here's what I saw.

AJ- Cocky, laughing, slapping hands with everyone.

Rajion- Smiling, acknowledging the crowd

Lane- Same as Rajion

Maggit-Firing up the crowd. Talking to everyone. Telling the whole crowd Tennessee was going to take care of business.

Dobbs- Completely and utterly terrified. Looking straight forward. Hands to his side, not acknowledging the crowd.

I told everyone I was with it was a bad sign. This kid has zero confidence, zero leadership, and very little skill. He's not an SEC quarterback.

That is all.

Reactions: 9 people
For the first time I got to be at the very front of the crown for the Vol Walk. It was great. I got to shake the players hands and basically be about a foot from all of them. Here's what I saw.

Lane- Same as Rajion

Maggit-Firing up the crowd. Talking to everyone. Telling the whole crowd Tennessee was going to take care of business.

Dobbs- Completely and utterly terrified. Looking straight forward. Hands to his side, not acknowledging the crowd.

I told everyone I was with it was a bad sign. This kid has zero confidence, zero leadership, and very little skill. He's not an SEC quarterback.

That is all.

What did Maggit care? he has become Jack Haley with the towel waving

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah that kinda stuff pisses me off too. I used to hate it when Al Wilson wouldn't acknowledge me or anyone else during the Volwalk.

Reactions: 3 people

Lane- Same as Rajion

That is all.

Straight and too the point. You got a like. Deer in the headlights.

Reactions: 2 people
Starting quarterback for a D-1 SEC school. Can't play the freshman card. He has to grow up and be a leader.

Actually, the Freshman card is legit. There's a reason why the best teams are full of 3rd and 4th year players in the two deep. Freshman, especially 3rd string freshman quarterbacks, are not expected to contribute at a high level 4 months after arriving on campus. It amazes me the expectations that some of you guys put on these kids when 99.99% of us on VN don't even have half the athleticism of these kids.

Reactions: 15 people
Actually, the Freshman card is legit. There's a reason why the best teams are full of 3rd and 4th year players in the two deep. Freshman, especially 3rd string freshman quarterbacks, are not expected to contribute at a high level 4 months after arriving on campus. It amazes me the expectations that some of you guys put on these kids when 99.99% of us on VN don't even have half the athleticism of these kids.

Contribute at a high level?

Acknowledge the crowd. Show leadership. Act like a QB. These things are easy.

That is all.

I hear he'll be out 16 more weeks 'cause he "raised his arm in the air and pulled something"...

Just sayin'...

Lane- Same as Rajion

That is all.

Truth. Been saying it since fall camp. Not ready. Does not make him a bad person or football player. Just not ready. Which IS a reflection on the coaching staff that he is not ready and they are still playing him.

Contribute at a high level?

Acknowledge the crowd. Show leadership. Act like a QB. These things are easy.

So you are saying that if he was giving high fives and cheering with the crowd during the Vol walk you wouldn't be one of those guys starting a thread to bash him for his performance?

I highly doubt that. You are just using it as another thing to bash him for. Get off your high horse, pal.

So you are saying that if he was giving high fives and cheering with the crowd during the Vol walk you wouldn't be one of those guys starting a thread to bash him for his performance?

I highly doubt that. You are just using it as another thing to bash him for. Get off your high horse, pal.

I'm saying there's a direct correlation "pal".

When you are the QB, you are the leader of the team. You need to look, act, and play like a champion. Dobbs did neither of those 3.

You don't have to be an ass kissing cheerleader to be a leader and a good QB on the field. Had he played a great game and the Vols won....you would have been saying how poised and focused he was for the game and said he was way beyond his years.

Reactions: 6 people
Starting quarterback for a D-1 SEC school. Can't play the freshman card. He has to grow up and be a leader.

He didn't ask to start, was forced by injury!He is a true freshman and it damn sure has something to do with his play. I can tell most on here are not as smart as this true freshman.lol Dumbazzez abound!

VN Store

Back