A sweet little read out of Sparta, Tennessee

It's hard to put into words what reading something like this does to a reader. The "foundations" built into people from small communities is hard to beat. One word says it all when you speak of folks like Pat and Kellie (if I may use them in the same breath).

TENNESSEE!!!

I hope Tn makes it into the tourney this year so we can all brag about CKH being the ONLY coach to take 4 separate teams there, in < 20 years at that! beat that , GEE NO...

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I hope Tn makes it into the tourney this year so we can all brag about CKH being the ONLY coach to take 4 separate teams there, in < 20 years at that! beat that , GEE NO...

Please. How many banners has she hung? Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Reactions: Toujours Pret

Is there supposed to be a chance the LVs don't make the tournament? They have clearly improved over last year (not difficult), and should finish 4th or 5th in the SEC at worst.

Is there supposed to be a chance the LVs don't make the tournament? They have clearly improved over last year (not difficult), and should finish 4th or 5th in the SEC at worst.

The team barely squeaked into the tournament last season then lost three starters in Evina, Meme and Cheridene, and a probable starter for this year (if she'd stayed) in Mimi Collins. That made a lot of people question whether a new coach with a young team could get the program back to being a surefire tournament team in her first year with so many unanswered questions.

I believe Kellie has answered most of the questions already, only five games in. This team will not regress throughout the season as recent-past teams had. This team is far, FAR from championship quality at this point, but they ARE making small incremental improvements that, by the end of the season, could make them a 5 or 6-seed that nobody wants in their bracket. I hope so, anyway!

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Wow!

"I think she might have lost 4-5 games. She only lost one game in this gym. We were number one in the nation while she was here, we were number one in the state every year she was here," said Harper's high school basketball coach Steve Holland.

VN Store

Back